Discuss Old cut out fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ring the bloody DNO and tell them that supply tails or in a unsafe state. They will put a new cutout and 20mm tails in. No charge for an domestic building if the install is old enough and they will also change the meter to a smart meter if you live in the right area and have the right DNO. So if you or mad then you can put what ever size of fuse you like in. Or ring them and and ask to talk to an engineer and ask them?

20mm? You sure about that? I have never come cross 20mm, well other than where espmeone has joined two 10mm together, the last I knew it went 10mm, 16mm, 25mm, 35mm

...let's keep shouting "clear",and givin' this thread 200 joules...My service head has two 30A rewireables,in a Bill assembly...it just sits there,like that sea mine,in "Hot-Fuzz" :icon12:

...let's keep shouting "clear",and givin' this thread 200 joules...My service head has two 30A rewireables,in a Bill assembly...it just sits there,like that sea mine,in "Hot-Fuzz" :icon12:

Sorry 25mm tails they don't do 16mm,s any more it was late and all that popcorn when to my head

Why hasn't anyone asked 'are you an ELECTRICIAN' yet?

When I was at college, we were taught the difference between BS 7671, and EASQR or whatever it is now.

Only our responsibility AFTER the meter.

So, my advice to the OP, call the DNO, and at least ASK the question.

DNO out to upgrade mine,in the morning...surly gentleman inspected today,could'nt get a smile out of him,tried to involve him in a bit of neutral-fuse-banter,and he said "It'll have been linked out..." no,i replied,it's fused,"How do you know?" he replied....long pause..."X-ray machine?" i quipped...not a glimmer...Anyway,he put a seal on it,which is the first time it's had one in forty years :icon12:

Reply to Old cut out fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net