Discuss Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fear not! There is a schematic drawing laminated and hung next to the wiring centre

You should use these in future. Makes the job easier for everyone else.

IMG_1922.PNG

Here's a couple more pictures of very simple things, a double socket and 1 gang switch with supply looped through it, note gratuitous use of 3mm cpc sleeving which I'm using up before Westward 10 gets it banned. :pView attachment 38316 View attachment 38317
I see you mark the floor as well, we used to do it both sides of the stud as got fed up of chippy with nail gun firing nail in directly below socket.

Yeah I've always done that Anthony, luckily the bloke who built this house is really conscientious, but that's becoming a rarity these days !:)

IIRC, the MCB supply was controlled from the master panel, so that these 2 motors were not supplied until other equipment kicked in,

i can't remember exactly, but all stop/start circuitry was in the main panel.

What I mean is without the coil supply being wired in series with the overloads NC contact, if the overload trips the supply to the motor will not be disconnected.

What I mean is without the coil supply being wired in series with the overloads NC contact, if the overload trips the supply to the motor will not be disconnected.
remember now. the motors had been temporarily wired into the main panel by the motor supplier. unknown to us he'd wired 1 in delta (415/230V motor) which had thus shorted out. pic was taken while waiting for a replacement. we'd initially powered up without enabling the overloads just to prove the operation. obviously the damaged motor popped the MCB as soon as power was applied.once new motor went in, the coill supply was run through the overloads.sorry, it was 6 years ago. :D

Wrong, if the overload trips the bi-metallic contacts open and the 3 phases are broken.

It's good practice to break the aux control circuit at the same time thus de-energizing the contactor. Dependent on how the control system is wired it isn't an absolute must.

However there are other things wrong with that starter. I'm not going to go into them as most think it's nit picking.

I don't think this type has contacts in the main circuit, only in the control circuit. The main circuit just goes through the heaters and out again.

reason there's so much new plaster is that the original cables come straight down to where the new socket is, but then shot off @45deg down to the left, under the window to where the orig. socket was. i'm quite pleased with my plastering as well. :)

Reply to Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net