Discuss Pilloried, misserable old git, past it, I'm not that bothered what you think in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
After reading lots of posts, like how much will I earn etc, has forced me to check every posters profile apart from those people I know and respect via the forum.
I appreciate that not everyone can be bothered to fill in their profile details, like what quals they have, what their status is etc.
People ask questions expecting an educated answer, but as I do check profiles, to enable me to give an informed answer, only to be faced with, Electrician etc with no background information. Which makes me think, Chancer, DIYer, etc, of course I could be entirely wrong in my assumption.
Is it to much to ask people to fill in their details? apparently yes it is, I have posted before on this subject, personally I couldn't give a ----, as to what quals people have, but you have to admit it makes it so much easier to answer questions when we know who and at what stage people are at with regards to training etc.
I have my tin hat and flak jacket on, expecting abuse from all over.:D:mad: Rant over go to town on me, I have thick skin.

In fairness if the profile section was better setup rather than "What electrical Qualifications do you have" I'm sure more would fill it in. On the sadly no more electricians boards I recall it was very straight forward to fill out the profile.

A lot of new members give there details in new members introduction also.

In fairness if the profile section was better setup rather than "What electrical Qualifications do you have" I'm sure more would fill it in. On the sadly no more electricians boards I recall it was very straight forward to fill out the profile.

A lot of new members give there details in new members introduction also.
There's a big 'about me' box which I actually prefer to the other forums where you tick your qualifications on a preset list which are usually not applicable to people outside the UK

There's a big 'about me' box which I actually prefer to the other forums where you tick your qualifications on a preset list which are usually not applicable to people outside the UK
Could easily have both. I know the preset tick list will no doubt lead to some lies and more lies as it's tick boxes.

Reply to Pilloried, misserable old git, past it, I'm not that bothered what you think in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net