Discuss Power from house cu to mancave in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the best advice i can give is to get a local qualified spark who can sort out your part pee nonsense with BC. let him quote you for the job on the understanding that you will get the trench dug and filled ( under his/her direction and supervision. no spark likes digging trenches)and see if that saves you some dosh.

This work is not simple. If it was you wouldn’t be asking.
This work is notifiable to your Local Authority. They’ll charge you a couple of hundred quid to inspect your work as you muddle through the process.
But if you won’t pay a professional you probably won’t tell your Local Authority either.
So, with that in mind, it’s simple.
To avoid detection get hold of material that can’t be dated, eg cabling ripped out of an old installation that pre-dates the current wiring regs.
Red and black insulation. That’s the key here. If anyone asks says it was like that when you moved in.
Use that empty shower mcb to attach some of this old twin and earth (remember to lick your fingers first) then string it out of the nearest window, peg it to a washing line for extra support and feed it through a hole in your cave wall. Terminate it inside an old metal dustbin where you can daisy chain a load of terminal blocks, each one feeding the different circuits.
If you’re not sure what size terminal block to use look at the wattage of the appliances the circuit will feed, ignore the number, put your finger in the air, close your eyes and pull one out of a lucky bag.
Once all the circuits are connected, remember to put the lid back on the bin to stay safe. You could tape it on just to be sure.
Remember also to check the maximum Zs value using any method you can think of.
That it I think but please have some unique dentistry work completed first, so it’s easier for your charred remains to be identified.

@Lewis247

The forum is here to give advice with safety in mind, the work you wish to undertake is beyond that which you are allowed to undertake without the oversight of a competent person who will test and sign off the work on your behalf.
There are similar routes to get the job done by yourself but all require some form of notification and signing off.

Members have advised you to bring a competent person in to either oversee the work or do the work not to try block your enquiry or wind you up, it's because this is the safe way to ensure the work carried out isn't going to cause you or your family any harm or that of your property.

The forum does not give step by step guides for DIY work for which your enquiry is beyond what we would consider fits that category.

On that note I and closing the thread, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Re' Darkwood.

Reply to Power from house cu to mancave in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net