Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Personally think that's a very good price esp. Putting 10mm in I find the stuff like a snake just goes where it wants its a right faff on putting it in. Eicr prices I charge £80 as that's what everyone else round here (newcastle) charges. I do a visual and remove 10% of fixed accessories for inspection, as the saying goes they get what they pay for and tbh most punters want a satisfactory test sheet IMO so aren't bother if limitations listed are as long as your arm. I personally find most faults you find are visual anyway unless you have a lost cpc etc.
Oh and remember that your not there to fix or fault find, just to right it down and report it

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoted a shower installation

16 meter run of 10mm , pull switch in bathroom with an Rcbo installed in consumer unit as rcd side is full ( plumber supplying shower ) quoted £185 and have pretty much been called a con artist is this right!?

Quoted a EICR at £130 for a 3 bed , told by customer that she'd had a quote at £85 !!

very disheartening

don.t be disheartened learn polish or some other eastern european language and you will naturally become cheaper

Am really glad there is not only me that has these problems, and the £185 could be really cheap depending on the RCBO. I had to buy an MEM rcbo head, the rcbo head fits on the mcb as a conversion and got charged £98.50 for the RCBO head only! And given the latest "rules" on only fitting "appropriate" rcbo's in the box it can make it difficult.
At present I am looking at similar job and am discussion with schneider on a suitable RCBO for the Merlin Gerin box and they are not hopeful. Am then down to a second box with RCBO looped off the switch in the consumer unit as its impossible to get new tails from the meter using henly boxes. Am currently working on about 3 hours to cable conduit and the rest of the day messing with the supply - I hate showers in fact becoming to hate houses..... Last year spent 2 days running a cable for a shower and have never managed one in less than a day.
I reckon your £185 is cheap, on the upside some of the major companies use £76 per hour, and remind your customer that they have to notify Building Control of the work being completed and show them the £350 notification fee.

Quoted a shower installation

16 meter run of 10mm , pull switch in bathroom with an Rcbo installed in consumer unit as rcd side is full ( plumber supplying shower ) quoted £185 and have pretty much been called a con artist is this right!?

Quoted a EICR at £130 for a 3 bed , told by customer that she'd had a quote at £85 !!

very disheartening

£185? What profit was you looking at? Especially for half a days work.

again people you are assuming the job is this and that when infact the job itself is a piece of cake , the shower is in a flat were every ceiling is suspended with 50 x 50 trunking to every room in the house between the two ceilings , materials are £85 , the job itself will take 3 hours £100 for 3 hours work is hardly undercutting, if i had to run trunking or chase in then yes price would be dearer but the fact is the job is a piece of cake, possibly the easiest shower installation ill ever do .. also Englishman you were talking about the EICR being under priced in your original post their was no mention of the shower being under priced at all so why are you now making out it was the shower price you were talking about?

Reply to Pricing! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back