Discuss Pulling the main fuse :/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

really do wpd allow the same

Western Power.

Not so far as I know.

In reality the ones I've met don't give a damn.

Talking to some the other day at a property and they asked me if I wanted the seal leaving off the head in case I needed the supply off again as there was no isolator.

I said to them that I thought this was 'not on' and they basically said its the meter seal they're more worried about and it didn't look like the elderly lady in the place looked like she was about to go on the rob.

They left the seal off and went on their way.

100% they'd deny all knowledge of that conversation if I was to 'go a bit wrong' and take the power out to the street (or worse) mind.

amount of times ive put a c2 on an eicr because spark before has cut seal and not replaced for consumer change, we all do it those who say they don't are lying !! top tip I buy mine off ebay, cheap as chips!!!

amount of times ive put a c2 on an eicr because spark before has cut seal and not replaced for consumer change, we all do it those who say they don't are lying !! top tip I buy mine off ebay, cheap as chips!!!

Please tell me you have got to be joking

When we carry out an eicr it is to determine if the installation is suitable for safe continued use,what has a seal got to do with safe continued use

What in heavens name has a seal on a fuse that most users have no idea whatsoever what it is or what it protects have to do with their safety

Whatever is happening to our industry,i honestly despair

Just stating the facts mate. Ive not once seen or herd of a report, inquiry or what about seals being cut.

1 They dont get reported. Infact no is told by higher authority to report them.

2 Theres no way that anyone can prove who cut the seals.

The only time seals being cut gets noticed is when there is a theft of electricity. Even then its mainly the larger seals on the screws that hold the meter together that attracts attention.

Just stating the facts mate. Ive not once seen or herd of a report, inquiry or what about seals being cut.

1 They dont get reported. Infact no is told by higher authority to report them.

2 Theres no way that anyone can prove who cut the seals.

only time seals being cut gets noticed is when there is a theft of electricity. Even then its mainly the larger seals on the screws that hold the meter together that attracts attention.

Exactly my thoughts as well Daniel,there is a lot of panic and warnings based on nothing more than unwarranted fear,it would be amazing if anyone on this forum could ever produce any evidence to the contrary.maybe someone fiddling the meter but never ever seals missing

Exactly my thoughts as well Daniel,there is a lot of panic and warnings based on nothing more than unwarranted fear,it would be amazing if anyone on this forum could ever produce any evidence to the contrary.maybe someone fiddling the meter but never ever seals missing

As far as i'm concerned, it's not a question about seals being cut/broken, it's all about the plonkers that are around these day's pulling cut-out fuses that don't have a clue what they are doing. Especially when faced with the old cast iron cut-outs!! If known accidents has been reported by DNO staff themselves, what chance has an inexperienced, under qualified fast track so-called DI??

As far as i'm concerned, it's not a question about seals being cut/broken, it's all about the plonkers that are around these day's pulling cut-out fuses that don't have a clue what they are doing. Especially when faced with the old cast iron cut-outs!! If known accidents has been reported by DNO staff themselves, what chance has an inexperienced, under qualified fast track so-called DI??

One word answer: Darwin

Jesus man! You for real??!! The cut out isn't part of the consumers installation therefore isn't even covered by BS7671 (110.2) in the first place!! As for a C2 even if it was..... words fail me.

I once changed a CU where the seals were missing, many months after the customer asked me to go round as she had some problems, when I arrived she really laid into me, someone from the DNO metering department had been round and said I'd left the cut out in an extremely dangerous state and he was going to contact the HSE and report me, I **** a brick to be frank, when I took a look I had not resealed the meter! But worse still, nor had the meter reader. I explained that the fact it's behind a locked door behind heavy furniture means its not really dangerous or indeed accessible, and if it was that bad then why did he leave it un sealed.

i sealed it up and walked away laughing

Jesus wept, 75 posts on pulling a fuse! and that's on this thread alone,this has had more remakes than star wars! maybe we should put all posts about this in one place and be done with it.the bottom line is it's like a lot of things,some people smoke cannabis,it's illegal but they do it,in the same way as some people pull service fuses,also illegal( technically) but some do it.It's all about personal opinion and knowing when and when not to do it.

Reply to Pulling the main fuse :/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net