Discuss R1+R2 Calculations from ZS in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

and into the equation comes the internal resistance of MCB and RCD........affecting the value ofZs.

Glad im not with the NIC then , they should get a life , so how do they do a dead Ze test , and its good to be a naughty boy ,lol , gee ill have to wear my wellies to do it then , think they need to get out of there offices and come into the real world

Blimy telex you had your sugar puffs this morning then
just had me brekky. coffee and a smoke. nailed that earth fault. Ze=0.16 TNC-S, Zs 347. RCD internal resistance 347. sheesh. bloody MEM rubbish.

just had me brekky. coffee and a smoke. nailed that earth fault. Ze=0.16 TNC-S, Zs 347. RCD internal resistance 347. sheesh. bloody MEM rubbish.

Happy days mate you will know to look out for that again.

This is why a Zs test must be carried out after R1 + R2 as it is the only test that actually goes full circuit. (not aimed at you Tel but for general info)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Has anyone read the article in Marches Proffessional Electrical magazine regarding 'live working' taken from the HSE document.

Seems we can after all...........

Thanks Guys, apparently we have to have a MWC, thought I was right about R1+R2 calcs, this web site is so good for scratching the head and finding info however trivial it may seem. Its a huge world of Electrical knowledge we have to have in our heads, we can't pretend to have all the answers.

Thanks Mickeysparks

In a word no.

Because when you measure Zs, you could have parallel paths (pipework etc.). When you measure R1 + R2 you should be measuring just the cable resistance, ie. conductors not terminated at a busbar.
So generally worst case Zs = Ze +( R1 + R2), and when you measure Zs it will probably be less (due to the parallel paths). Thats the theory anyway!

Reply to R1+R2 Calculations from ZS in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net