Discuss Rates from 1st November in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cuts arent that bad are they. Be interesting to see if the material cost reduces at all.

No they aren't but August install figures suggest that this cut was not needed at all and it was absurd to base the cuts on install rates between May and July when the rate was 21p/ and dropping to 16p/kWh on August 1st

At the moment it doesnt look like I will have an installation in the 16p rate, all amounting to nothing at the moment !!

I mainly use google, the lead generators are a waste of time and money ! Leaflets and Local Ads nothing! local Trade stands didnt amount to much either.

When you speak to the general public they just says there's so much bad press so it puts them off ! Although the jo public dont have 6K at the moment.

Hence why I say its a hobby ...! something I like spending time doing for no financial return, the good thing is I passed the re-inspection without any marks, the NIC chap thought our QMS was one of the best his seen, the customers installation was "neat and exceeds guidance". I was so pleased I gave myself a pat on the back and a pay rise !!

We've actually had a fair few inquiries in the last few days, and booked 2 jobs in for the next couple of weeks, which is a good starting point.

re advertising... I've stopped all advertising entirely including adwords, as the ones we'd been doing hadn't generated any work at all that I could see.

We have had a steady volume of enquiries through August but as with everyone we could do with some more business. We have ceased advertising in the local press but are looking at promotional stands which we use to promote all arms of our business

Just signed two up tonight . priced up a 40 kwp on monday and going to take quote to his desk tomorrow .....
and got a referal tonight going there tomorrow too. not spent a penny on ads or those lead gens ,,,

knowing our luck it will go dead after deadline..... again ... any news on tariff drop yet will it stay at 16p?

We've installed ten so far this month.....and have nine booked in for the next 12 days. Four quotes still live. 15 of these sales were internet leads.....the rest recommends. Margins are thin but we're paying the bills.....and its a nice industry to be in despite everything thats happened.

We've installed ten so far this month.....and have nine booked in for the next 12 days. Four quotes still live. 15 of these sales were internet leads.....the rest recommends. Margins are thin but we're paying the bills.....and its a nice industry to be in despite everything thats happened.

Seem to have had a fair amount of enquiries the last two weeks and we have a fair amount of work lined up for post November 1st 2012, couple of new builds, a potential tracker PV system (wooo!), two small commercial jobs.

Things are looking up (touch wood)

Nothing here

Did a quote on a job a couple of weeks back. panels on the garage roof. garage supply from a fused spur off the kitchen sockets. He'd had a couple of previous quotes for 2kW systems based on dodgy self branded panels, despite the fact nothing but panasonic will legally fit at 2kW and none of the companies even looked at the electrics, never mind discussing the issues with the electrical supply. I explained we would need to install a new board and why and that we would do that at no charge and install a new dedicated garage supply.

I cut my margins thinner than a thin thing but we lost the job to one of those other companies on price, despite the fact they clearly hadn't surveyed the job properly.

The customer sent me an email thanking me for my time and for all the useful information I had given him, much more than any of the other companies, but explaining he had gone for a slightly cheaper company. I exp.lained all about the importance of the quality of the panels and why we would use an SMA inverter. He had also looked at our checkatrade feedback, photos of previous systems and I offered him the chance to speak to other customers.

The race to the bottom is clearly on and I'm not interested in following it down.

If I wanted to run a poundshop I'd open one on the high street and work in the dry!!

Reply to Rates from 1st November in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net