Discuss Rcd Protection For Supply To A Transformer On Construction Site? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave,
You were saying the supply needed RCD protection, you are now discussing RCDs on the load side two very different things!! If you want RCDs on the load side you do need ones that will work with a 110V supply voltage, ABB and others offer them, give ABB a call.

cheers mate, to be honest i was asked to rcd protect the site transformers, i ordered 50a rcbos to replace the 50a mcbs at the supply, they got back to me and said they didnt make them, so my mate called me and said put them in the tx, this confused me a bit and made me look deeper into it, ie now, i think they maybe would want the armoured rcd protected i would think as site transformers get moved and abused and a live cable could come out, in which case maybe i would have to mount a board adjacent to the main board and run the cables into this as i have 7 10 kva site transformerso install , unless anyone has better ideas.....how do i test the rcd on the load side if i install it

thanks, i was really after knowing the exact details, i e, L on L1 N on L2 and E on e.....at socket and then press test, as ive only ever plugged in the plug to the socket and pressed test.

Then with the greatest of respects what are you doing working on 400v and 110V systems? I have given you a link to a page that has at least 1 RCD tester that will happily do the tests that you require and you could not spot it. Are you aware of how badly things can go wrong when you short out a 400V supply? Do a youtube search for Arc Flash? What time curve are you selecting for the supply MCBs?

ha yeah, dont know.....didnt cover testing rcds on cte systems.....you have to start somewhere hey.....i put a 50a mcb into 1L3 in the board i worked to s spec, why do i need time curve.....its an armoured in the board to the tx...

- - - Updated - - -

its a single phase tx by the way

Reply to Rcd Protection For Supply To A Transformer On Construction Site? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net