Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Reccomendations for a speaker that can be mounted outside. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. AJshep

AJshep Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Andrew Shepherd Electrics
    I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone has any reccomendations for an outside speaker.

The job is for a small local Cinema,at the moment they have a large 50" TV playing trailers in a window which faces the street outside.
    They would like to mount a speaker on the front of the building so that passers by can here the Trailer playing.

The rear of the TV has a 3.5mm Jack and a Scart lead ( which i can convert for left and right Phono if need be)

I suppose I'm ideally looking for an active speaker as I don't suppose the amplifier in the TV is much cop.

Anyone have any suggestions ?it doesn't need to be anything majorly expensive.

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

google, hi f gear.

3. Ned Gibbons

Ned Gibbons EF Member

I'd actually give that a bit of thought. If you use passive speakers with an external amp you can keep most of the electronics indoors. There are some very small (and cheap) amps intended for use in car audio that you can easily hide behind a TV.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shaunfriend

shaunfriend EF Member

Really depends on the budget. I’d probably spec something like the Kramer 900N 900N - https://www.kramerav.com/Product/900N and a decent pair of outdoor speakers from Yamaha/JBL or Ecler if the budget needed to be smaller.

So many ways to do this, but I’d be keeping away from outdoor active setups.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shaunfriend

shaunfriend EF Member

Kramer actually do an outdoor speaker (I hadn’t realised)
    Galil 6-AW - https://www.kramerav.com/Product/Galil%206-AW The Kramer kit is really excellent quality. I’ve never had any failures.

6. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 1
  7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    this guy was a good outside speaker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

9. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

12. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Yes Tel, I could, but as you will have spotted from the duplicate posts I made, those are stereo speakers, but Jabber is mono...
    and he swears and sh*ts.