Discuss Register in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi can anyone shed some light on this please, I retrained and have my domestic a part p , 17th regs& inspection & testing city & guilds qualifications, I would like to know so I have to belong to elecsa or niceic ? I understand that if I join these bodies it enables to self certify my own work, would it hinder me to take in work not belonging to either of these bodies .
Thanks
Not really following you....
You mean like Gas Safe???

Yes all work possible within the domestic area !!!

If you want to keep the right side of the regs and building regs then membership of a scheme does make sense.

Cheapest = Stroma at about £280

The rest are about £495

Suggest you contact them for their "entry" requirements.... and do a search on the forum for similar threads.... the business section has quite a few.....

Part p is the new building regulations for electricial installations in domestic dwellings, certain areas in the house are branded special locations I.e bathrooms which must comply to building regulations ,

Part p is the new building regulations for electricial installations in domestic dwellings, certain areas in the house are branded special locations I.e bathrooms which must comply to building regulations ,

Part P is ten years old. You could of read the document yourself instead of paying for someone to basically read it to you.

so the rest of the house can be made of sand, as long as the bathroom doesn't collapse!.

I'm a 52 year old, properly qualified electrician mate. I know all about the various regulations governing how we will do our jobs. What I wanted you to explain was what exactly your "domestic a part p" is because it's not a qualification I've ever heard of before.
If, as you say, it is a building regulation then how do you have it?

I'm a 52 year old, properly qualified electrician mate.

And us older ones consider Trev is but a spring chicken as well
icon7.png

Can you get approved spark if you wave the smoke breaks ?

I'm glad they were not around in the past.I would have needed 1x5mins per hour smoke break and a little lie down for dinner

I thought they were stopping this "a qualified part p" and that any more of the virgin sparks needed one of those nvq things

Good grief! Another worthless junk qualification. How the hell did the construction industry ever cope with all those poorly trained sparks which were churned out by the apprenticeship providers all those years ago.
I'm sorry but if you're not aware of how an electrical system can affect the building which houses it(without resorting to any of this nonsense) then you have no business messing about with it.

Reply to Register in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net