Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Replacing large recessed modular fitting?? in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. EMTech

EMTech New EF Member

Hi, my company is in the processing of upgrading lighting from fluorescent to LED. I am having trouble sourcing 1800mm x 600mm recessed panel light fittings. Is there anywhere that still has these sizes as all I can seem to find is the 1200mm x 600mm? How should I replace these units? All help gratefully received. Thanks.

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    do a lux/lumen calculation and use 1200 x 600 LED panels. you may need a few more than the xisting number of florries, but get it calculated first. as an example, we did a shop lighting refit. the 600 x 600 LEDs we fitted gave better illumination panel for panel, over the 1200 florries that we scrapped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

don't buy cheap panels ,their tend to bit you on the back side .if they start going faulty .

4. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Fit the 1200 and fill in with tiles and metal separator.

5. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    what sort of existing fitting is it? any chance of a photo.