Discuss Review your van! (and help me choose!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Transporters are sooooo expenskve, apparently reliable though. I got a 2008 transit with all the toys on, for the same money i couldnt even get electric windows in a transporter.
Rhink the last post is about right, pot luck if your not buying brand new

fiat fiorino if you only need small same as bipper60 plos mpg will carry all you need if domestic rides well on open road as well as easy to park in town roof rack for long loads

2004 SWB low roof Transit, 85hp diesel. Does 32mpg average, mostly short journeys. A bit noisy. Good amount of space in the back. Only once had a problem that wasn't just a regular service item.

Currently fancy a Transit Custom. I had a drive recently and they've certainly come on in the last few years. Anyone drive one regularly? Hard to justify changing as my present one is still adequate, although I understand that the latest ones are more economical on fuel.

I'm in a fiat fiorino perks... great mpg, fine on little runs around town, parking is never an issue and you'd be surprised what you can squeeze in. Down sides... You'll have to be ridiculously organized to get everything in the back at times and it can be bit noisy when on motorway runs.

I'm in a fiat fiorino perks... great mpg, fine on little runs around town, parking is never an issue and you'd be surprised what you can squeeze in. Down sides... You'll have to be ridiculously organized to get everything in the back at times and it can be bit noisy when on motorway runs.

Try an estate car :)

Vw caddy 104bhp, drives like a car, comfortable, reliable, very good on fuel 540 miles to a tank. Enough room for all that I need, bars for longer items if required.
Also holds its price for resale!
Mines got 124k on clock and its like its only just been run in. No large expense on it other than usual serviceable parts. Would have another tomorrow, although have heard that the new facelift versions are not as economical as they are 1.6 engines unless you pay top end.
Had a traffic from new, had to replace all discs and pads within 18months. Very good driving position, but only ran it for four years as heard many other owners complaining about gearbox trouble after five years! That was on a 54.

I'm looking to lease ASAP. It will be the new transit custom 125 swb! For less than 200 a month! As soon as we move I'm likely to take the plunge!

Transporter ! Go for it , I've had mine 3yr had mild issues but at times I do 150m a day for months at a time never broke down and packed to rafters of bits and fuel is great !! Really good on fuel . I'm thinking of getting a vw crew van for home as my car ! Is dearer to run on fuel ( golf gti ) or as I cal it the " git " so f 'in dear to run , transits are really good vans also but fuel consumption is the problem there with rusting another! So go vw

LDV Maxus. 3.5 tonne. Goes like s&@t if a shovel. Ladders tube trunking tray etc all in back. Workbench with vice, inverter etc. stand up fully in back, even room for a bunk. 30 + to the gallon and 3k to buy on an 08 plate.

2004 ldv convoy. got it ex royal mail with 30k miles, half the price of same sized transit or sprinter.
plus: big, work horse, starts any time every time, duratorq engine same as modern transit, built like a tank. 25mpg
minus: struggles to go faster than 55mph....

Another vote for a transporter. Can't fault mine. Runs like a dream, no probelms. Also clocking up 100/200 mile per day. I looked at the new transits recently and thought they were looking more like the VW's shape. Only regret is that I didn't get a long wheel base version.

Vivaro would be a decent van if they took the electronics out.

well, I made my maiden voyage in the new van today.
73 mile round trip, and all went well.
2a5equqy.jpg
eje6egeb.jpg
aha5epaq.jpg
py4enyty.jpg
yvavu8ag.jpg
enyqesyv.jpg

ydazyhu8.jpg
sybe3u2a.jpg
evu4upam.jpg

couple of annoying things- I'd like to be able to adjust my steering wheel, I miss electric windows, and also when I use the washers, the water runs down the quarter window (seen in pic) and runs right in the way of the mirror obscuring my view slightly.
apart from that, it's a wayyy better van to drive than my merc Ever was.
Highly recommend.

Reply to Review your van! (and help me choose!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net