Discuss Ridiculous situation with the DNO and the MOP on a domestic install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A pair of Farne Island seals - they "bark" with a Northumbrian accent.

WA3387174.jpg

River Tyne dolphins spark memories of Amble's famous Freddie - Chronicle Live

Remember Freddie , Geordie.

You will learn that all DNOs are a complete waste of time. Every involve the I have with them is a complete f**k up. I now never book them and just carry out the work. Doesn't matter if it's a earthing upgrade, tails increase or replacement, just do it yourself, it's a darn sight easier!
I even keep cutouts in stock in case I need to change them and have eve been known to move service cables!
Not because I'm showing off, nor making money but simply because the DNOs are a complete waste of time

going a bit of track but they don't know there --- from their elbow, went to site the other day to do site temps, head pull in live no meter but I look down & there it is a PME connection ready for use (new build temp supply).
second one I have been to the last one had actually connected it.
but that is probably what you get when the MOP is an x bus driver who has had a 2 week training course on fitting a meter. nothing against bus drivers also. the rows we have had with them over connection of HMO with a switch fuse before the meters can't connect to that M8 you have a switch before meter.

going a bit of track but they don't know there --- from their elbow, went to site the other day to do site temps, head pull in live no meter but I look down & there it is a PME connection ready for use (new build temp supply).
but that is probably what you get when the MOP is an x bus driver who has had a 2 week training course on fitting a meter. nothing against bus drivers also. the rows we have had with them over connection of HMO with a switch fuse before the meters can't connect to that M8 you have a switch before meter.
yeah just like those Electrical Trainee wannabies .

MOP operatives don't fit cableheads, ergo they don't control earthing.

I think we're getting a bit mixed up here about the roles of DNOs and MOPs. The DNO is deinitively responsible for earthing arrangments. A MOP meter fitter doesn't have anything to do with that. I was a metering electrician for over 20 years and have trained meter fitters among others for 8 years now. The responsibilities are not unclear in any way.

Reply to Ridiculous situation with the DNO and the MOP on a domestic install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net