Discuss ring main fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daviddumican

hi after some advice? There is a fault on a rngmain showing dead short Line to neutral i have split the ring and identified the leg with the fault on . Although ran out of time to day to trace cables. The lady said she woke up sat morning the RCD had tripped ,so something obviously happend friday night . Does anybody have any idea what could of caused the fault there appears to be no faulty appliances ect.:rolleyes:

I found a leg of a ring damaged by a capping nail once, it had been like that for about 20 years and decided to start throwing the MCB. Start splitting the ring using the half split method until you find the fault, i'm guessing you have a damaged cable.

came across similar problem customer woke up in the morning to fing ring main power out, ended up the problem was when going to bed she was standing on the same floor board and a nail was shorting it out, took a while to get that one!!!

Reply to ring main fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All! Officially losing my EF forum virginity with this one, and would greatly appreciate any help you guys could throw my way! Through...
Replies
Views
got called out to a job yesterday. Upstairs ring Mcb not staying on. Done a quick visual took all sockets off didn’t notice anything out of sorts...
Replies
Views
Hi you beautiful people. Just been looking at a rather confusing and disgusting job in a two floor ex-council house and wondering if anyone could...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I have a cpc continuity fault on a ring main which only consists of 7 sockets and 2 FCU. I have split the circuit and found that it is...
Replies
Views
rattlehead85
R
D
Hello everyone, I'm just looking for advice on a ring main fault, I'll try and keep the scenario short so as not to bore you al.... I was asked...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock