Discuss Routing main bonding alongside gas pipe in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

[QUOTE
Main bonding conductors should not be supported by the service pipes they are connected to,Reg 543.3.1[/QUOTE]

And plumbers should stop slotting their pipes over my drilled joist cables, because they cant be ar--d to pick up a differnet floorboard

Reg No couldn't give damn :)

HEY I'VE FOUND IT :D (just by accident i haven't been looking all this time!)

"Gas installations pipes must be spaced at least 25mm away from electricity cables"
2.3 b. page 18 OSG

HEY I'VE FOUND IT :D (just by accident i haven't been looking all this time!)

"Gas installations pipes must be spaced at least 25mm away from electricity cables"
2.3 b. page 18 OSG

Yeh pull the other-one! 2 days of trawling through the books:rolleyes::D:p

Thing is; this is a bonding cable being connected to the gas pipe, so proximity is as close as it gets (i.e. connected together) BTW I do realise that the majority of the run needs to be away from the gas pipe.

It's to do with sealing the pipe to stop leaks into cavity but I have seen loads of meter boxes with bonding coming through PVC sleeves

Nic Eic snags and soloutions book for earthing and bonding states in snag 15 that the earthing conductor is permitted to run through the sleeve where the gas pipe enters the property. Rule for one and a rule for another eh.

Reply to Routing main bonding alongside gas pipe in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having a new boiler fitted in a new location. I need to provide power for the boiler which I'm looking to do myself. Boiler: Ideal Logic...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am working in a warehouse where there is an inactive gas pipe and disconnected gas meter. The DB which has been upgraded now is on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, went to have a look at a job today, customer has had gas supply company out (for another issue) and they have commented that the protective...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock