Currently reading:
Samsung refrigerator issue

Discuss Samsung refrigerator issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alex Halkias

Greetings
I am facing the following issue with my side-by-side Samsung refrigerator:
For a while now the appliance has been making an increasingly annoying nose. After some research and testing, I have confirmed it originates from the refrigerator section, towards the top. This noise stops and normal operation resumes after making a 24 - 48 hours defrost, which entails transferring stored items in another refrigerator and unplugging the problematic refrigerator for the time needed. I have reached to the safe conclusion that the cause of the malfunction is ice accumulation. I understand that this is quite normal and that running a manual defrost every several months is perhaps justified. However, in this case, the noise returns after only 2 weeks or so! From that, I assume (even though I am not certain) that there is something wrong with the automatic defrost cycle/mechanism of the unit, to explain why ice builds up so rapidly.
I would rather fix this problem myself, so any instructions would be very welcome.

Below are the details of the refrigerator:
Brand: Samsung
Model: SS22WG1/EUR
Model code: 4377
Serial number: 43CN400032 E

Thanks

Unusually, there's nothing good on TV today. They've decided they're worn out after a day out yesterday, so want to spend the day watching the All creatures great and small box set.
I just got volunteered to go shopping in Morrison's for snacks.
Ooh the torture, it's terrible :D

Happy days was brilliant, Joannie wasn't bad either.

Aah well better go get some snacks, have a good day buddy. Spare a thought for my suffering :(

Reply to Samsung refrigerator issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock