Discuss Security Light Problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ran a security light off a fluresent light in kitchen.
Used 4 port supply push in wire connecter.
Earth and neutral wires connected inline to existing terminal blocks.
When I turn "OFF" bathroom fluresent light after use, the security light turns on.
What's causing this please?
Thanks!!

Neutral being switched on the floro.

Do you have a two probe voltage test device (eg a multimeter).?
show us pics of the connections you have made at the new light and the kitchen light.

Yes I do have a two probe multimeter.
20210802_133542.jpg

Did you mean to say supply came from kitchen and turning off bathroom causes security light to come on?
Did you mean to say supply came from kitchen and turning off bathroom causes security light to come on?
Supply cable I assume comes from "bathroom too kitchen" as its closest to Consumer Unit.
Yes at night turning off bathroom switch causes Security Light to come on for the set period.

Reply to Security Light Problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views
Hi all was having a problem with lights work one min not next took ceiling rose cover off to find a stray black wire only terminal free is the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock