Discuss Self Build - Electrician refusing to certify due to ill health - Ruining my life :-( in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Self Build - Electrician refusing to certify due to ill health - Ruining my life

I'm with Napit and have signed up for the 3rd party notification scheme. I've done a few sign off for my mate as I know the quality of his work and also done a couple for unregistered installers (Cowboys haha) tbh I pretty much do a full periodic and the installer signs the form for design/construction. I then provide cert and part p notification after receiving my hefty fee as I don't like hand writing Certs out now

I was under the impression that 3rd Party Sign Off wasn't allowed for Part Pee!

Re: Self Build - Electrician refusing to certify due to ill health - Ruining my life

I was under the impression that 3rd Party Sign Off wasn't allowed for Part Pee!

9b2cd52e22496087f4ef15b2274a533a.jpg

From Napit website

This seems odd to me, I am surprised that the electrician who did the work does not know anybody who could do the tests for him and if need be complete the cert and all he would have to do is sign it. If I was in a similar position and to ill to work I know several sparks who would test it for me.
Put yourself in the sparks position how many of you would not be able to ring a mate to do the testing for you?

Most BC's will accept an EICR if done 100%. I have done this a few times and the client always received the Part P cert after sending my report to the BC. The excuses I got from the client was "the electrician that did the install has emigrated to Oz"lol. What they realy mean is they have done the work themselves and need a cert.

Cheers

Jay

Hmmm me thinks its the Royal 'We'. OP and electrician are one, might be wrong :D

looking at the OP's profile, he posted 3 days ago and hasn't been back since.

Muppet!

Instead of wasting time writing these shaggy dog stories, why don't these Jackonory candidates just say "I have installed my own electrics, how can I get it certificated and registered". I for one, would respect that a lot more.

Reply to Self Build - Electrician refusing to certify due to ill health - Ruining my life :-( in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net