Discuss Selling LED's to the public! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

arctic

Is anyone else having trouble selling LED's to your customers,especially LED down lights? When you compare the initial outlay of either £34+ per LED fitting or 10x GU10 fittings for about £50 from your screwfix kind of places it becomes very hard to convince your client! We all know the advantages of switching running costs/maintaince etc but how do we pursued Joe Public unless the price comes down??

£34+ sounds over priced. Anyway, lately I just bought the two fittings with me and they chose the LED one because the finish was so much better

Just got to mention the running costs, the frequency of lamp changes & warranty, reliability etc. Suppose if the customer had seen as many heat damaged cables from downlights as we have they'd opt for them on those grounds.

Ive been thinking the same thing, there must be some kind of leaflet out there that highlights the benifits

Regarding leaflet there is , the h2 series of lights that come with 7 year guarantee have a chart based leaflet outlaying the benefits against halogen .personally the 7year guarantee hasbeen selling itself for my customers,and the fact they cost 10% of the running cost of a halogen is great
Unit price £28 I just ordered 112 of them easy to install also no fiddling around with lamps just connect and put in ceiling ,also no heat and the driver is built in each unit

Following on from what GW is saying if you go to your local wholesalers they usually have demo lights in the shop and leaflets to go with eds- jcc leaflets, phase- halers and now Knightsbridge leds, city's - starlites they may vary from stores but you get the jist.

With electric bills going up and it the customer has 6+ lights in a regularly used room its definitely worth helping them work out the savings LED's will make. That said not all customers can be convinced but I'd say 60+% will listen to the reason of savings over time.

With electric bills going up and it the customer has 6+ lights in a regularly used room its definitely worth helping them work out the savings LED's will make. That said not all customers can be convinced but I'd say 60+% will listen to the reason of savings over time.
its initial cost though Murd.......

^The JCC is 10 years (or 5 commercial), finish is better than anything on the market in my opinion

The LEDlite ones come with millions of options for finishes too (11w feels high for a LED downlight though)

Cheaper way- but the latest fully compliant downlight, £7.28 inc Vat, then get a GU10 retro fit LED. About £7. £14 total. Just done it with 25 GU10 ceiling heaters in my house. Expect the leccy bill to dip

I agree I have just had fitted in my house 20 robus fire rated downlight £7 with the new megaman 4.5w bulbs £7 and its fantastic, did involve shoping about online as the fitting is £11 alone at screwfix

I get it all the time in hotels give them the option of a nice led downlighter with 10 year guarantee or a nice cheap gu10 energy saving fitting the gu10 wins every time

I get it all the time in hotels give them the option of a nice led downlighter with 10 year guarantee or a nice cheap gu10 energy saving fitting the gu10 wins every time

Last time I recommended LEDs and ended up with CFLs the owner (spa thing) went mad. Turns out he didn't listen to a word we said about a 2 minute warm up first thing of a morning, wasn't the first time he messed about with us on that job

Switched them out for crapogens and about a month later we have a call about a load of lamps going and a high electricity bill.....sigh.....

i do quite a bit of retrofit leds. buying from china, about 1/4 the cost of UK wholesalers. e.g. 60 SMD LED lamps, 300lm. £2.80 a pop.

early days yet, but i have some on test at home and none have failed so far.

Reply to Selling LED's to the public! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net