Discuss sheath cutters for 3 core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi everyone

can any one tell me a good tool for cutting the outer sheath on 3 core flex between .75 and 1.5mm. also 5 core flex 1mm as well

I always seem to catch the inner cables.

have seen this but does it work?

Jokari cable stripper - Coaxial : Carl Kammerling International

cheers
yeah....its called a pair of snips....
and what you do with them is just nibble away at the outer sheath to ring it....this way you have control of how deep your goin when ringin it...
then drag the sheath off the undamaged cores underneath

KPX9852.jpg

quality electricians knife is the way to go
:)

@glennspark

all i asked for was an opinion if the jokari ones are any good....

im sorry if this has upset you... i thought this was an electrical forum but must be mistaken

@glennspark

all i asked for was an opinion if the jokari ones are any good....

im sorry if this has upset you... i thought this was an electrical forum but must be mistaken
who said i was upset....

trust me kid if you had upset me...you would know;)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 19397

quality electricians knife is the way to go
:)
use one for ringin armoureds biff...

i use a tool from cpcfarnell. find you ther part no. in a min.

TLAB063.

adsjust to size. spin it round. sheath cut with no core insulation damage.

As above. I use snips, Stanley, or lock knife depending on which is closest to hand at the time.I never use a knife on butyl though, far too soft for my ham fisted style.

Did a job last week and used a kitchen knife to strip some flex, a bread knife to cut a carpet and some plasterboard, and a butter knife whilst plastering around a light switch. Aah, the joys of having your chuffing tools nicked. The wife said the same thing to me when she was trying to cook dinner that evening!

My set of Knipex snips does it simple enough. On the subject of snips has anyone used those god awful CK ones with the holes in?

I have used the ck snips, the 180mm combi 3, stripping holes and pattress shears, they are fantastic but only as a second fix tool. A site I'm on at moment, every back box requires screws cutting back a bit, a life saver on its own.
I must admit it took me a day or two to get used to it fully but is great for me now.
For all other cutting, first fix etc I use bahco 180mm snips.

Reply to sheath cutters for 3 core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net