Discuss sheath cutters for 3 core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have used the ck snips, the 180mm combi 3, stripping holes and pattress shears, they are fantastic but only as a second fix tool. A site I'm on at moment, every back box requires screws cutting back a bit, a life saver on its own.
I must admit it took me a day or two to get used to it fully but is great for me now.
For all other cutting, first fix etc I use bahco 180mm snips.

One of the young lads at work have them, every time I borrow them I feel like throwing them as far as possible, cutting a cable tie or cable with them is so frustrating!

I'm from an era when the apprentice used to have to make up the pendants
i still wince at the time I thought a hooked Stanley blade would be better for flex
until it was hanging out of my thumb.
ive had a jokari cable knife for more than 10 years.
still on its original blade.
I got it for stripping fire sure cable I think.
which it was good for tbh.
i would recommend them.
saying that it does the same as a pair of snips or knife really.

Reply to sheath cutters for 3 core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views
I'm always on the look out for a tool that makes the working life easier. At present, I strip the cable the way I expect most of you do. Side...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I would like to power 8 LED RGB panels, each takes 5v input and according to the datasheet 20W. (I take every consumes about 4A x...
Replies
Views
In the coming weeks I will be re-wiring my home. For the lighting circuits i will be using 1.5mm cable. ideally I would like to run the feeds to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock