Discuss Should I use 1mm or 1.5mm earth in domestic lighthing? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Either will be fine as long as it's green/yellow wiring or sleeved that colour.

The earth in the 2.5 is actually 1.5, but 1.5 will be better than 1mm. If you use 2.5mm that may be too big to fit in the switch earth terminal

Hi,

I need to earth a replacement faceplate to a steel back box in the wall.

Should I use a 1mm, or 1.5mm sleeved cable for the job?

Thanks
What size are the lighting circuit conductors L,N and cpc? written yesterday and forgot to post

please strip the cable correctly using an electricians knife, dont just pull the earth to split the grey sheathing

Please don’t tell me we are still reverting to the “ your going to stress the copper conductor, therefor decreases CSA, therefore an immediate fire risk.” o_O
I strip it like that, not one of my jobs has ever went wrong

These little touches are the difference between an electrician and craftsman.

I am going to disagree.
I still cut a neat edge with my knife at the end of the cable.

If you connect 10 sockets on a RFC and connected them both ways. I bet the resistance of the cpc ring is the same. A lot of rubbish. My college didn’t even bother telling us otherwise.

Reply to Should I use 1mm or 1.5mm earth in domestic lighthing? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've wired some cable to a small 3x3 shed with 2 gpos, a 15a GPO, and a light. The shed is about 2m away from the house on a concrete slab. The...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Following on from my previous post where I received advice on taking a spur off a 40a feed (thank you). I performed the work...
Replies
Views
I have had these lights installed by a contractor whose work is normally very good. He has not connected the earth in each fitting as there is a...
Replies
Views
I had to replace a surface plug socket box after the plasterer destroyed the old stuff. It has black, red and earth wire, 3 of each and look...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock