Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have said to customer I'll write him a report with before and after photos, same time I'll be contacting Elecsa. Just can't leave something like this, dread to think what else he has done!

Thank you for your support.

Cheers Sy

Had to put a new sub board into a restaurant kitchen and drop 11 new feeds into the kitchen for equipment. We only had 2 nights to do it and there was only really room for 2 of us.

e6apa7aq.jpg

Nice and neat H' only comment if i was pushed to make one is grouping of the SWA's I would have done them in a 3x tri-foil arrangements for max' heat dispersion but im probably just been picky ;)

I wanted to try and get them all a bit flatter, the only problem being is where they come out of the wall just above the shot, because of stud work and noggins, it's a square hole that just fits the cables, so in the 4' of tray I diddnt really have the length to get them neater and flatter!

Hey,

Just started one today, would like feedback, see where i could improve.

"Don't be too harsh, im only an apprentice and this is my first time doing a new board complete ;)"
IMG_1725.jpg
Finishing it off tomorrow hopefully - when the breakers show up to site ....

Hey,

"Don't be too harsh, im only an apprentice and this is my first time doing a new board complete ;)"
View attachment 24100

Hey,

"Don't be too harsh, I'm only an apprentice and this is my first time doing a new board complete ;)"
So far so good for the cable dressing, not sure you will have enough room behind the busbar for those folded cpcs, remember to take the cable ties off once complete and tested.
Why is the board not covering the hole in the wall?

Hi daviesjoe .... my comments are thus :-

Remember grouping factors may have an influence if your going to bunch tiewrap as you have.
Once you have fitted the internals and OL devices your cable terminations will require identification due to your methods here, which N/E belong to which L are not easily visual identifiable as the internal busbar section with cover the entry point of most of the cables you can't rely on the actual no of the terminal you connect to you should in theory be able to drop all cables out and be able to easily identify which is which.

Welcome to the forum you are indeed a brave lad to show us your install on your first visit asking for our advice --good on yer!

Last edited:
I wanna know what that hidden henley block (or something else) is doing down at the botton left .... your not getting into bad habits already ...... :aureola:

Hi there and welcome , couple of criticisms , first the cutout in the back of the board is way too big, and the board does not cover the hole also the fire rating integrity with the hole behind the board requiring a barrier , other issue is the cable ties not allowing for future alterations especially those that will be behind the breakers , din rail and bus bar ,,,
Another thing you can do is to install numbered rings on each of the cores , most helpful in the future for anyone working on the board,,,

I've devised my own fool proof method of identification -- well it tends to stop an old fool like me forgetting which cable goes where! Use a black marker pen (permanent) and just put a ring around each cable type there (1.5mm, 2.5mm, 6mm etc .....). 1 ring 1st circuit, 2 rings 2nd circuit, 3 rings third circuit --- just hope you dont have 20 socket circuits to do!

Or buy some of those nice looking numbered cable rings if your flush ......

Thanks for you comments, the hole on the left (not a henley block) is just a back box for an alarm panel next to the board haha.

I will eventually remove the tie wraps and straighten all the neutrals out, at the minute i have marked them with a sharpie (little dashes on the conductor) to show where they belong. Ideally would have loved to have used proper identification, but im not supplying the materials ;(

Also the hole above the board wasn't there when i started haha, it fell out when i was stripping the cables back. Its a new build so a decorator is following me round.
I hope.

Hope to have a updated picture of it soon, cheers for advice!

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net