Search the forum,

Discuss Shower circuit on living room ring (Customer only want CU changed) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is it on a 32A ring?

7.2kw is about 31A. They must have very little else plugged in at the time the showers running.

Having said that, cables and protective devices can cope with much higher ratings than the max listed. How longs an average shower? 6-8mins??

There is only a TV and a few low voltage lights on the rest of the circuit.

You need to stress to the client, that the shower circuit needs to be wired in the correct size cable and own radial,before any CU change, either he agrees to disconnecting the shower if no remedial allowed, otherwise walk away.

Thanks for this advice, this was the opinion i was taking and going to let them know tomorrow.

My apologies again for the bad explanation on the first post, my focus of the thread was dealing with the customer. My opinion was of walking away, i have had very little dealings with domestic clients and mainly commercial.

so do electrically pumped showers generally use less power than a electrically heated shower?
With respect, that is worrying that you need to ask that when you are quoting for corrective works in someone's home. Also, there is issues with loading 7Kw from a single point of the ring, which from your other post, you don't see as an issue either. Genuinely, you should leave this one until you have more experience (which you will get), it is not being fair to the client mate.

With respect, that is worrying that you need to ask that when you are quoting for corrective works in someone's home. Also, there is issues with loading 7Kw from a single point of the ring, which from your other post, you don't see as an issue either. Genuinely, you should leave this one until you have more experience (which you will get), it is not being fair to the client mate.
He is not the op.?

with respect you should have gone to spec savers

so do electrically pumped showers generally use less power than a electrically heated shower?
There are some pumped and electrically heated showers, but they are, I believe, primarily manufactured for low water pressure supplies. Mira, for example produce some.

. How longs an average shower? 6-8mins??

I presume you don't have any teenage kids?........
Have a work with some people that do, you may want to rethink your times....... :)

Reply to Shower circuit on living room ring (Customer only want CU changed) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock