Discuss Silly Arse. Was it "get me out of here?" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You can't assume that Pete, many celebrities' careers have been ended for less - a few words taken out of context on social media, the accusation that there's no smoke without fire - take Michael Barrymore, whose career was over when some guy was found dead in his swimming pool even though it turned out to have nothing to do with him, former Blue Peter presenter John Leslie, the victims of the 'fake Sheikh' entrapment by the media a few years ago.

If you're the squeaky clean cheeky chappy of family entertainment you don't need people saying things like "he could have wiped out my family with his drink driving".

Potentially one of the biggest losers in this is Dec - his career could be over through no fault of his own. He reportedly insures against the death of Ant, but it's unclear whether that extends to the other party ending bother their careers by drink driving.

Dec will be OK. he's already interviewing his next presenter partner.
upload_2018-3-25_18-34-24.jpeg

You can't assume that Pete, many celebrities' careers have been ended for less - a few words taken out of context on social media, the accusation that there's no smoke without fire - take Michael Barrymore, whose career was over when some guy was found dead in his swimming pool even though it turned out to have nothing to do with him, former Blue Peter presenter John Leslie, the victims of the 'fake Sheikh' entrapment by the media a few years ago.

If you're the squeaky clean cheeky chappy of family entertainment you don't need people saying things like "he could have wiped out my family with his drink driving".

Potentially one of the biggest losers in this is Dec - his career could be over through no fault of his own. He reportedly insures against the death of Ant, but it's unclear whether that extends to the other party ending bother their careers by drink driving.

Wasn’t John Leslie also implied to alegedly been the one who raped Ulrika Johnson too?

As for Ant, the amount of folk I have seen on FB saying how they feel sorry for him because of this is ridiculous, yes he has had his troubles like many other before him. But DD there really would have to be very good extenuating circumstances to actually do it, and taking your dog for a walk isn’t one of them I’m afraid.

Funny how so many very wealthy people expect sympathy, when they suffer from stress, drug addiction, alcoholism etc. I'm sure many on here would love to do away with the biggest problem they have, which is "how will I pay the next mortgage/ food/ electricity bill".

Funny how so many very wealthy people expect sympathy, when they suffer from stress, drug addiction, alcoholism etc. I'm sure many on here would love to do away with the biggest problem they have, which is "how will I pay the next mortgage/ food/ electricity bill".

Personally I'd rather be looking at what I have to work to pay next month bills and be able to walk around in public without being mobbed and under constant scrutiny. Almost no privacy.

That said, what he's done is wrong, the fact he's a celebrity means as an influence/role model to some people he's going to be slapped all over the news.

Sentencing, he should face the same as joe public. People are calling for him not to loose his job, I know if I got caught drunk driving, an I lost my license. My company would let me go.

He's been fined £86,000, which to him, is nothing. In other words he's got off lightly, his income is 130,000 and the fine is supposed to be 150% of your weekly income, so £195,000.

edit:
And a 20 month driving ban.

Last edited:
Well, there is some justice there...as a pensioner if I did what he did I could expect a £150 fine and a wee ban.
Have to say...not a rant, I promise...but no "entertainer" is worth £130k a week. Yes, I know, it's what the public will pay, whether it's good value for money or not...I know a neuro surgeon who saves lives on a daily basis, and he doesn't get paid anythng like that, but in my view he is worth far more.

wish i could earn £130k a week for acting like a pratt.

Reply to Silly Arse. Was it "get me out of here?" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net