Discuss Silly Rated People jobs/prices...bit of a chuckle for friday. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Still a member of Rated People I decided I'd start a thread with some of the ridiculous jobs that come through, poor descriptions & silly prices.

Hows this for starters, looks like he needs a new earth rod and main bonding, supplied, installed & tested for under £100 :nonod:

• 13:14 08-02-2013
  • Lead Price£6.10
  • BudgetUnder £100
  • LocationChester
  • Distance38.6 miles

• Electrical Inspecting / Testing
  • need a new earthing rod? and the earth rod on water pipes

Not rated people but I gave a price for a rewire and the gadgie told me he was expecting about £850-900. This was a 4 bed detatched with about half a million points.

I signed up for the free trail to try and get more work around where I live but cant see me buying any of the jobs as I've found like you that people have no idea what a sensible price is for the work we do.

Here's good example-

Need 7 light changing and 10 down lighters fitted ASAP for under £100

I was tempted to spend £6 on a lead one day just to tell a guy how much of an idiot he was!, wanted 10 spots supplied and fitted for under £100 lol

You can get LEDs from China for 5p a pop mate, maybe he was thinking of them 50p for the kit, a few quid for cable and the rest for fitting em :)

One yesterday Rewire 3 bed semi lived in £1000 and they even put on there description in capital letters there budget is max £100 0 I wanted to buy the lead just to tell them that's what materials would cost lol, one today supply and install recessed led downlights to living room and study budget £100 :) do these people not look at the price of materials these days or are they just chancres looking for cowboys to do a crap job

I joined rated people 2 weeks ago for the free trial, and every single job that I've had through via text has made me chuckle to myself! I think it's an absolute waste of time, there's not one job on there worth doing.

I joined rated people 2 weeks ago for the free trial, and every single job that I've had through via text has made me chuckle to myself! I think it's an absolute waste of time, there's not one job on there worth doing.

Ive had 16 jobs in two years, done very very well from it, 4 rewires, nothing under £500, out of 19 leads bought, won 16

Just bought my first lead this morning. I'm on the free trial to see how it goes.
A mate of mine recommended it to me. He is still in his free trial and has won 4 jobs so far.
Something he has found already is that a lot of people put down a £100 job because they have no idea what it will cost, and don't want to put tradesmen off with expensive leads. He secured a £100 lead last week that he quoted at £450. So it's maybe worth reading between the lines of some of the cheaper ones.

It's a joke. Looking at materials and then guessing a reasonable price is all people do. Always around the £100 mark people are willing to pay........ I'd like a Ferrari for £100 lol

I signed up for the trial did a £210 job last weekend 3 hour £20 materials

I find round here people are buying the leads within 1 minute

I have bought 5
4 I got credit back as they didn't answer or had someone coming

Quoted 1 and got that

It looks like they only worth buying if you get them quick and call straight away and go price ASAP and if its a small job try do it there and then

Job type: Lighting & Power - Internal
Approx Budget: Under £1,000
Price: £20.10 + VAT
Description: i'm a fully qualified electrician, with a good experiance , i do many electric jobs, as wire ,or rewire , change fitting, move and add lights or sockets,fit or change bells,,, i ll be so happy if i i get any chance to show any one that i cann make his wishes true, also i dont mind if i discuss with any client , at any time about any thing.

IDIOT

Trouble is it costs nothing for the client to punch it into rated people . then come up with a mini budget.
its the electrician that has to pay ,
****es me off

Reply to Silly Rated People jobs/prices...bit of a chuckle for friday. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net