Discuss So what did santa bring you in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As title suggests, what did you all get off loved one's and family this year.
I know as we all get older the presents get worse, but I was quite happy with some of mine.
Only fools and horses complete box set 26 discs, every episode made.
Luther box set series 1-3 ( got in to this late in it's airing and came to really enjoy it.
Mike Tyson autobiography
some vouchers and cash
so all in all I was really happy with santa.
Now it's your turn:santa_smiley:

Pack of three walnut whips & a bottle of bells from my 92 year old nan

running shoes from the missus

entry to the private backers forum for the new version of "elite" (a game from the eighties ahead of its time) from me dad

and many more alcohol related items

8 tread x 3 combi ladder from the wife and her Mum (aka Dragon-in-law) lol. No they did not wrap it up, that would have cost a fortune in paper lol.

Aftershave and clothes is what I asked for and I got a boat load of it.

One nice thing that happened in the few days of xmas. One of the bar/nightclubs I've worked on this year gave me a bottle of £25 beer!!! I'm saving that so I can share it with a very good pal of mine on New Years Eve. Lets toast the new year in on expensive beer lol :wink:

Admin Phil (ffs) got me and my wife a few gifts that was very nice BUT he also got us both a wind up gift? Car bumper stickers!! Mine says "I love hard drugs" and the wifes says "I love sex toys". I'm going to put them all on the back of his car and see how long it takes to notice? Hope he dont get pulled by the law lol!

I got a lot of socks because I have a tendency to wear them until there is more hole than sock. A PS4 from the wife (totally unexpected), a load of tins of paint to redecorate most of the house (even more unexpected and not particularly appreciated), a portrait of me and my son together, a new rechargeable worklight, a jar of gherkins, a rat (real), a large cage for said rat, a new blue fleece to replace the one I have been wearing for almost 15 years (although I still say there is plenty of wear left in the old one yet).

I got a lot of socks because I have a tendency to wear them until there is more hole than sock. A PS4 from the wife (totally unexpected), a load of tins of paint to redecorate most of the house (even more unexpected and not particularly appreciated), a portrait of me and my son together, a new rechargeable worklight, a jar of gherkins, a rat (real), a large cage for said rat, a new blue fleece to replace the one I have been wearing for almost 15 years (although I still say there is plenty of wear left in the old one yet).

Nice one on the ps4, can't say the same about rat, I am still on ps3 as I heard you can't play ps3 games on ps4 console ?

I have just noticed something strange ( don't ask me what made me look ) but why is nobody's post count increasing during this thread, or am I losing the plot.

Just the usual, clothes, munchies and booze, etc. My best present was to see one of my mates for what will probably be the last time. He’s got terminal cancer and wasn’t expected to see Christmas. He refused to see me at first, because he didn’t want my last memories of him to be a horrible one. While I was talking to his wife she told me that his last will was to be cremated. So I send her into his room with the threat that I would make sure he was buried upright in the ground, and there would be nothing he could do about it, unless he saw me. That did the trick. And to be fair, I didn’t immediately recognise him with all them pipes, wires and equipment coming out of him. Never the less, we spend a few hours together talking about the old times. And we laughed and laughed, mostly at mine expense. In fact at one point we laughed that hard I thought we were both gonna die. But the moral of the story is, time spent with your mates is seldom wasted. Also, spend a lot of time with the grandson under the dinning room table playing with our new head torches. Much to the amusement of Mrs Kamikaze. She never knew such simple minds could be occupied so easily. :)

Nice one on the ps4, can't say the same about rat, I am still on ps3 as I heard you can't play ps3 games on ps4 console ?

I was an X-Box 360 man before so it doesn't bother me. I am mainly a PC gamer though which is why I hadn't expected to receive it. I think it's because it's so gadgety and the wife knows she can get rid of me even more now....

I was also xbox 360 but went over to the dark side and must admit never looked back, the obvious attraction with ps3 is the instant blu ray.

Reply to So what did santa bring you in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net