Discuss Solar Immersion - my experience ! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree, purchased mark II last year and never worked, the support is non-existent , they just ignore any message sent to them. Poor customer service.
i would not buy anything else from them, cannot be trusted.

Well quiet a few of us have purchased the MKIII units from them recently and no real reported issues as such ??

Thanks dansol for your comments, however, the mark II never worked for me and their support was inexistent. They have just introduced ticket system for the mark iiii and they ditched any support for mark II. They will probably do the same in the future for mark iii.

Regards

Update:- Just had June's gas & electric bill

We have more or less turned the gas boiler completely off now and it only comes on for HW when Solar has been poor for the odd day and only preheats the HWC, other than that, gas is only used for the gas hob for cooking and boiling the kettle which this month came to a grand total of;

6units = 189kwhrs @ 3.45p plus SC ( 30days at 22p ) = £ 13.12

So all in all, the benefit, a good though small saving in monetary terms ( -£8.00 p/mth ) but mostly down I think to the installation of the Solar Immersion unit. Last year, EDF state we used 410kwh of GAS, and the gas was used for same purpose plus HW heating last year - no central heating on.

Last edited by a moderator:
So all in all, after only a few mths of using one of these units I would strongly suggest that you would be foolish NOT to fit one of these devices with a good renewable energy system ( not just PV ) , especially if no-one is at home using the electric during the day, it doesnt have to be a Solar Immersion unit as you have plenty of selection now at different price levels, but I can say the Solar Immersion has worked for me so far !

I must admit i will not be purchasing any more of these solarimmersion controllers. We have brought only 2 of these from this company for installs and while there is nothing wrong with the product there customer service is non existant. I have emailed them 4 times in 2 weeks and tried to ring customer services for an hour the other day to only keep getting cut off. It seems to me they are a one man band.

I must admit i will not be purchasing any more of these solarimmersion controllers. We have brought only 2 of these from this company for installs and while there is nothing wrong with the product there customer service is non existant. I have emailed them 4 times in 2 weeks and tried to ring customer services for an hour the other day to only keep getting cut off. It seems to me they are a one man band.

I've never had an issue getting hold of them ??

However, you could call or chat online now as they are definitely ONLINE now - SolarImmersion - Surplus Solar Energy Water Heater |

Update:- July's utility bill is in and I'm impressed !!!

Electric used ( imported) in July - 284kwh

Gas used in July - 94kwh

So against last year same period, that's a fall from 420kwh & 283kwh respectfully for both.............. in monetary terms its not a great deal ( a saving of £ 10.92 for elec and £ 5.52 for gas ) but as Asda say - every little bit helps.........

I can only put this down to better weather this year and the use of the Solar Immersion !!

Reply to Solar Immersion - my experience ! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net