Discuss Solar PV Load Diverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Allen

Hi
I have a 4 KW solar pv system on my roof and are producing power abundantly.
FIT is good although I dont want to export all of the power for obvious reasons. I heard about solar pv load diverting devices like solarImmersion that can send the extra power to immersion tank to heat water. Are they viable? Do they work only with immersion heaters?

Regards
Allen

We have found that probably the best on the market is the ImmerSUN 2. We have installed countless units, and they have one of the best support / backup teams as well.
Do they work - yes there are lots of threads on here discussing the benefits.
Immersions only? No, any resistive load, we have connected them up to panel radiators, oil filled radiators, as well as immersions - they need to be 'dumb' though, i.e. no electronic controls.
Can they do even more? YES! (well some can :) )
A couple of the units, the ImmerSUN included can be set with thresholds and delays to switch on units that cannot cope with variable power being fed to them e.g Heat Pumps, they can be set when they reach an export trigger level to switch on that load, and to avoid excessive cycling they can then be configured with minimum on and minimum off times.

Hi there,
I have been contemplating on buying something like this. My neighbor has Immersun and I see its lights flickering quite much to my annoyance and I checked its price. Pretty high. Wondering if I should really invest in this one!

Thanks
Niel

Hi there,
I have been contemplating on buying something like this. My neighbor has Immersun and I see its lights flickering quite much to my annoyance and I checked its price. Pretty high. Wondering if I should really invest in this one!

Thanks
Niel

Most likely Version 1, Version 11 uses PWM and so does not cause this problem.

If his lights are flickering
a) he could have got that fixed by talking to the manufacturer and
b) it's almost certainly on incandescent lamps which should really have been replaced by cft or led's by now :)

Don't delay - just do it!

Reply to Solar PV Load Diverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net