Discuss Spam and dodgy emails in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev

Is anyone getting loads of this lately? I'm getting stuff asking me to update my account profiles with Co op bank, Contact Nationwide Building Society re my account (neither of which I have) Some from Internal Revenue Service of United States of America telling me my cheque to them bounced and loads more.
Luckily I'm switched on and can spot a dodgy one from a mile off but just wondered if anyone else is on the recieving end.

I get about 20 a day, as well as at least 2 phone calls a day from people looking for a "survey" and from a caller in Asia telling me that they are from IT support, I tell them that I am a qualified IT engineer with many years experience and put the phone down but sure thing the next day they phone again and again telling me that they need to "fix a problem" on my computer that they "detected in my area" ......they are reading from a script looking to get money/credit card/bank details....I tell them to stop phoning and they keep at it...the TPS (Telephone Preference Service) does not work as they are overseas as usual...
They also keep phoning my mother and giving her grief which I am annoyed about but can't do anything about.....I have read in the local rag every week about numerous people getting suckered out of their savings in my area, usually old age pensioners and the occasional other....which makes me annoyed...

My e-mail provider (BT/Yahoo) seems to stop all the spam mail.

I love the IT calls, my record for a call is about 30 mins while I wait for the PC to boot etc, they seem to lose interest when I tell them I'm running Linux!

A surefire way to get rid of female sales/survey callers is to ask what colour underwear they have on :D

I get loads of weird calls, silent ones, businesses asking for phantom people, or just to say "Hello, we are....." and they usually get a few sentences in Mandarin back from me. I also get a fair few spam emails from Nigerian banks, asking me to send my banking details as Mr Ngmasrtbuymbmrta has left me $6,000000000000.0000000 in his will, and ------ trials if I fancy a 4 week free course. :74:

LFAirHorn.jpg

Above is always a pretty good deterrent for those calls ..............

Like Robo if the mood takes me I can have a 40 minute conversation with them, my lass just pokes her head around the door every so often and shakes her head wandering away muttering things under her breath

I get all the usuall ones from banks etc.
I used to get some offering me medications.
What I have been getting recently are supposedly from delivery companies such as Fed Ex and DHL, and even the odd one from a recruitment agency.

My e-mail provider (BT/Yahoo) seems to stop all the spam mail.

I love the IT calls, my record for a call is about 30 mins while I wait for the PC to boot etc, they seem to lose interest when I tell them I'm running Linux!

A surefire way to get rid of female sales/survey callers is to ask what colour underwear they have on :D

Now thats funny

I get loads of weird calls, silent ones, businesses asking for phantom people, or just to say "Hello, we are....." and they usually get a few sentences in Mandarin back from me. I also get a fair few spam emails from Nigerian banks, asking me to send my banking details as Mr Ngmasrtbuymbmrta has left me $6,000000000000.0000000 in his will, and ------ trials if I fancy a 4 week free course. :74:

That reminds me pet .............. :yes:

Reply to Spam and dodgy emails in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net