Currently reading:
spare socket

Discuss spare socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rapidrich

hi just a quicky i have to put a spare in a living room but can not get access from above plus have to hide the wireing wich is the best way of going about it?

fair comments but how do you think the cables get to a socket when you do have access from under the floor? behind the skirting or by magic? it would only be a fire hazard if you screwed the face to the skirting without a b/box! correct me if im wrong but would behind the skirting still be a prescribed zone? and even so with it being buried less than 50mm from the surface it would also need rcd protection so if sum 1 is stupid enuff to put a nail or screw thru a skirting board without checking whats behind thats their problem i have done my job and in line with the big red book :)

Hi

lets clear this up behind a skirting board has never been a cable zone nor will it ever be. Some scary posts, I here a lot of this its on a RCD so don't worry, RCD are additional protection not a back up if it goes wrong.

regards

RapidRich

How far does the socket have to be from the other socket already in the room?
Regs state that you can chase a wall horizontally up to a 6th of the thickness of the wall. I know it's not ideal but it is another option.

Regards
Mark

Reply to spare socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back