Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Stairlights headache in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sparky_1989

sparky_1989 EF Member

Hi guys got a bit of a problem with a job involving LED recessed stair lights. It's a client who feeds me a lot of works own house and had a staircase fitted a few years ago complete with eyelens LEDs. The company that installed them went bust this year. The problem is 1 LED has decided to stop working and I can't get something that is similar in size to fit the hole which is a 35mm cut out with a depth of 5mm. I've installed only a few of these systems in the past but not had to replace any when they go out. I tried sourcing the Eyelens but it turns out they are from Holland and the only distributor in Scotland wants £1000 for a 6pack of lights which the client obviously wouldn't pay. All the other lights I've seen in the wholesalers have been either too deep or the hole is too small. Anyone came across something similar as I'm struggling for a solution and can't just tell the client it can't be done as he gives me about 1/4 of my annual work through his letting agency.

IMG-20181128-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0000.jpg

2. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

What is the full manufacturer name of these lights and is there a part number on the fitting?

3. sparky_1989

sparky_1989 EF Member

4. sparky_1989

sparky_1989 EF Member

I emailed the manufacturer who said to contact Kelvin lighting in Edinburgh. These are the guys who then quoted £1000...

5. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - 35mm cutout is not a problem, but 5mm deep? Oh dear.

6. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

maybe they are string you a long for the stair case lights .:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. SWD

When where they installed, do you know and don't be fobbed off by them as you don't have to use a UK supplier.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SWD

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

correct that for you .:D

10. DefyG

DefyG Regular EF Member

Look vaguely similar to some that were supplied by a kitchen company for plinth lights.
    They were thin, think about 8mm though from memory, but do remember being 35mm diameter.
    Try a kitchen supplier!

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. SWD

Have you been sniffing the adhesive for plastic conduit again in an unventilated room?

;o)))))

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Shoei

Shoei Regular EF Member

Can the faulty unit be dismantled? Might be able to see and fix the fault, especially if it's just a dead LED.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. buzzlightyear

I would go with SWD idea ,get them from Poland ,if the customer can afford them ,looking a the nice MDF stair case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Looks like veneered ply to me buzz :p

15. SWD

Buzz is still in the un ventilated room which surprisingly has an internet connection.......

• Funny Funny x 2