Discuss Starting my 2365 at able skills, what are there courses like in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Your right ur not my mate, ur a jumped up electritian putting people down on things you haven't even gt ur facts right on. Where above does it say I'm spending £8000 on a course???? Secondly even a level 2 collage course costs £1500+ for 24+ year olds. If you ain't gonna spend the time to read the thread, and are gonna be rude thinks it's best you dnt say anything. To every one else thank you for your input.

Level 2 is first year in my book mate, try doing the full lot, will take you 3/4 years .Then as an improver that's the way.!!

Your right ur not my mate, ur a jumped up electritian putting people down on things you haven't even gt ur facts right on. Where above does it say I'm spending £8000 on a course???? Secondly even a level 2 collage course costs £1500+ for 24+ year olds. If you ain't gonna spend the time to read the thread, and are gonna be rude thinks it's best you dnt say anything. To every one else thank you for your input.
The going rate for the part 2 and part 3 is £7,500.00, I cannot imagine you just doing the level 2 surely due to the fact alone it means jack all, the 2 courses take 16 weeks, the part 2 I believe takes around 6 weeks so in a way Tony is quite correct, if he is wrong tell us what you paid and how long the course is.

Well done, when did I say it wasn't. I know for a fact I am doing the correct thing. I'm working, learning and looking to take my courses. Level 2, then 3, then 17th edition, then am2. It's not a 2 min thing, which is why I'm looking to start now.

i hear able-skills have branched out into the outdoor pursuits market.....................

phpGsyBMK.jpeg

:-D

man , i love that poster , has a thousand and 1 uses.

Well done, when did I say it wasn't. I know for a fact I am doing the correct thing. I'm working, learning and looking to take my courses. Level 2, then 3, then 17th edition, then am2. It's not a 2 min thing, which is why I'm looking to start now.
I stand corrected the level 2 is 7 weeks, I think the cost is around 3K

Right, as stated earlier it's 9month course for level 2, this will also involve home study. I work along side a fully qualified electritian, so it's basically a apprenticeship. I am not doing collage as I want to do it in weekends as this is when I have most available time to study. It is £3000 which yes is an awful lot of money but you can't put a price on self investment. Level 3 will cost me £2000 as you get discount with both. I get a free resit, all books supplied and ck tool kit. I will be doing level 3 on a 24+ loan which you dnt pay back till 2016 and earn above 21k this will be £7 a month. I have done my research and work very hard to learn as much about why and how things are done.

A jumped up electrician? I don’t think so.

I’m a retired engineering supervisor/manager (electrical and mechanical) who initially served a full electrical apprenticeship. I went about it the only way we could back then. Hard work, but you came out the end of it knowing what you were doing and the theory behind it.

Hence my inbred dislike of fast track training courses.

All fairness I know what you meen there all all to many people who think, I'm gonna do a 7 k electric course and be on bla bla a week. I am not one of those I come from a building back ground and was also a foreman at one point for a ceiling and partitioning company. Only problem is I dnt have any Nvq etc and am worried about the stability in my job. This is why I gt a job with an electrical company, and took a pay decrease, I dnt care for collage or quick courses as I see fully qualified collage leavers not knowing a been! The true way to learn is on site.

Dan. I have done Part P with them. I found them fine. Good training bays, good instructors etc.

My only comment is that hands on experience is also very important.

You will get a right mixed bag of comments on this forum.

Best of luck

Oh Jesus here we go again another one who thinks Part P is a qualification and not a Building Regulation.

When it first hit I looked at the EAL Domestic Installer's Certificate, what is now referred to as "A part P course" and I have to say that it was the biggest load of drivel I've ever seen.

When it first hit I looked at the EAL Domestic Installer's Certificate, what is now referred to as "A part P course" and I have to say that it was the biggest load of drivel I've ever seen.

The training providers credo. “Tell ‘em ‘owt, get the money”.

Once we’ve got the money who gives a damn that the “qualification” is printed on toilet roll.

Tony I've seen the cert. A pipe monkey mate of mine (yes I know but he really is a good bloke) went on it and he showed me it, It's really nice.
It's got a hologram on it :)

It seems that most of these training companies go down the EAL qualification route with the same qualification number, rather than the C&G qualification route . Now i wonder why this is??

I'd love to do a night course mate, but with work it makes it very difficult. I wanna have the time and energy to learn, nights if just be a zombie lol

Reply to Starting my 2365 at able skills, what are there courses like in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net