Discuss Strange Monitoring via a Henley Block !!?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

However, when the PV isn't ON - the monitor displays the wrong reading altogether as IMO is doubling the same reading on the same tail ???

Which makes sense, but what doesnt make sense is why the resultant figure is correct once the PV is generating
when you say doubling when there's no solar input, do you mean that one clamp says 1kW, the other says 2kW?

can i check, have you actually got the clamps around the live cable? not the neutral?

when you say doubling when there's no solar input, do you mean that one clamp says 1kW, the other says 2kW?

can i check, have you actually got the clamps around the live cable? not the neutral?

No..... one says 1kw and the other also reads 1Kw - the Envi Monitoring system adds these two CT readings together and displays on the monitor, this same combined figure is extracted by the PVO uplift system and hence why my useage readings on PVO are false before 9am and after 6pm when both CT clamps are connected 24x7. If I disconnect before and after these times - its fine and spot on ! LOL

If I also have only one CT clamp connected 24x7 it is also wrong ie. under records demand in the premises

Polarity of clamps isnt important as I can use either or mix & match - the same readings are supplied

Ok the following readings were taken from two Envir monitor systems using their claw clamps:- one around the actual +tail before the Henley Block, the other on the new +tail from the Henley Block to the CU and one BG monitor and its clamp attached to the live +feed to the SI device from the airing cupboard spur;

SMA reads 2196
Tails reads 1.27 CU reads 2.24
SI reads 1.99

SMA reads 1961
Tails reads 1.22 CU reads 2.25
SI reads 1.92

SMA reads 2068
Tails reads 1.17 CU reads 1.96
SI reads 1.86

OK, more readings although the BG monitor has just stopped working!!

However the SI device displays a full 100% divert to the HWC and the DNO meter is at complete stop

SMA reads 1773
Tails reads 1.2 CU reads 721

SMA reads 1756
Tails reads 1.25 CU reads 719

SMA reads 1754
Tails reads 1.23 CU reads 703

SMA reads 1784
Tails reads 1.36 CU reads 603

SMA reads 1796
Tails reads 1.33 CU reads 637

SMA reads 1673
Tails reads 1.16 CU reads 715

SMA reads 1801
Tails reads 1.32 CU reads 637

SMA reads 1789
Tails reads 1.27 CU reads 653

SMA reads 1798
Tails reads 1.26 CU reads 716

SMA reads 1726
Tails reads 1.19 CU reads 718

SMA reads 1701
Tails reads 1.19 CU reads 713

SMA reads 1692
Tails reads 1.19 CU reads 702

The only real, sensible and logical conclusion I can draw from these readings when the DNO is stopped and the system is in "equilibrium", is that the reading at the DNO Meter + the Reading just before the CU = roughly the generation figure of the SMA Inverter, which is slightly out or or its a frequency based anomaly and there is always ~200watt difference

When the Inverter isnt generating - the reading at the DNO and the CU are the same

When the Inverter is generating but is less than the load in the premises, the DNO reads double what the CU reading shows !

This is precisely why your cant use these energy monitors when using a immersion proportional device or certainly an SI unit

You could try using the geo chorus pv system from amazon £199 it also tells you if you are importing or exporting from the grid in real time.

Its work via covering red led with a lens/sensor on both generation meter and the house meter and 1 clamp on the live wire going on the + cable before the meter.

Its took the mrs w 30 minutes to install. In addition it comes with a box of tricks that needs to be plugged in to a spare port on your router and also included is its own colour display. Being from Amazon direct which is well know supplier and comes with a 30 day refund period. I still not received a price yet for the Elios4you which you could consider but both give you the same information (basic version) The geo can be monitored on the internet and via android and apple apps

I have tried the Fronius web box 2 and Solar-log Wi-Fi 200 but they don’t tell you what being imported or exported from the grid. In addition you can have temperature sensors and control 4 3pin plugs remotely at extra cost if needed

You could try using the geo chorus pv system from amazon £199 it also tells you if you are importing or exporting from the grid in real time.

Its work via covering red led with a lens/sensor on both generation meter and the house meter and 1 clamp on the live wire going on the + cable before the meter.

Its took the mrs w 30 minutes to install. In addition it comes with a box of tricks that needs to be plugged in to a spare port on your router and also included is its own colour display. Being from Amazon direct which is well know supplier and comes with a 30 day refund period. I still not received a price yet for the Elios4you which you could consider but both give you the same information (basic version) The geo can be monitored on the internet and via android and apple apps

I have tried the Fronius web box 2 and Solar-log Wi-Fi 200 but they don’t tell you what being imported or exported from the grid. In addition you can have temperature sensors and control 4 3pin plugs remotely at extra cost if needed

OK, given that it works with whatever "waveforming" is going on, the only thing it wont tell me which in a way I want if I 'm going down this route is how much energy i'm diverting using a solar immersion proportional control device or do they sell additional clamps on ??

Are those kW readings at the Tails and CU and W reading from the SI?

( My monitoring system works just fine with an ImmerSUN :) - so some do work OK )

if you throw loads of money at the system how long will it be before you make a profit and still not get the kit your looking for or happy with ? I wanted to know what my solar system was importing or exporting I had to wait over 2 years before the kit I wanted came out

I am a member of the public who as a rent a roof (homesun) but I like to know how thing works and since Jason 121 showed me is Elios4you I wanted one but issues with pricing and the difference between trade seller not selling to the public (me)
The geo kit is for the home user to install

if you throw loads of money at the system how long will it be before you make a profit and still not get the kit your looking for or happy with ? I wanted to know what my solar system was importing or exporting I had to wait over 2 years before the kit I wanted came out

I am a member of the public who as a rent a roof (homesun) but I like to know how thing works and since Jason 121 showed me is Elios4you I wanted one but issues with pricing and the difference between trade seller not selling to the public (me)
The geo kit is for the home user to install

It's been a while but going back to the OP I have a Elios4You unit which is on a PV system which is powered through a 16A MCB in an IP65 Enclosure sub-main (Garage/Shed CU) from a henley block on the DNO main DB and I can't get ANY sensible readings out of it! Take it off and put it next door which has a PV system which is devoid of any henley blocks and the Elios4You unit seems to work perfectly.

Finally managed to talk to somebody at Greenologic and have passed the problem over. Anybody out there got an Elios4You unit working through a Henley Block and can suggest where the CTs should go to get expected visual output on my iPad mini running the Elios4You app?

Reply to Strange Monitoring via a Henley Block !!?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net