Discuss Suggestions for some cheap emergency lighting for a loft please? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

So why not just switch these on when you enter the loft and turn them off when you leave?

Thanks, I will have to try that first and see how long the batteries last. The main problem is when I am behind the TV aerial or the cold water storage tank, particularly if I am working on the bungalow, so I could place the light to cover those. I suspect that I could find my way out fairly easily if I was anywhere else in the loft if I crawled on all fours.

Thanks, I will have to try that first and see how long the batteries last. The main problem is when I am behind the TV aerial or the cold water storage tank, particularly if I am working on the bungalow, so I could place the light to cover those. I suspect that I could find my way out fairly easily if I was anywhere else in the loft if I crawled on all fours.

How often are you doing this? Just put a torch or your smart phone in your pocket!

What exactly are you doing to this bungalow?

Fitting EM lights in a loft for a bit on DIY below seems very OTT if you ask me.

Is this your place?

Yes a bit OTT, but everything that can go wrong at the moment, does seem to be going wrong.

Yes it is mine.

Thats unskilled DIY for you.

Nothing to do with my skill, eg see my post here where the fault was caused by a certified electrician:-

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/do-yourself-diy-electrician-electrics-electrical/107042-should-neon-open-circuit-when-there.html

Nothing to do with my skill, eg see my post here where the fault was caused by a certified electrician:-

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/do-yourself-diy-electrician-electrics-electrical/107042-should-neon-open-circuit-when-there.html

if thats the only thing which has gone wrong then thats just one of those things. Did you get said electrician to come back and fix it?

I got a little 5W LED rechargeable floodlight for doing such work. CEF had them on offer a while back. 'Found' a second one in a house I bought. Has magnetic feet, so handy in the van on a dark night...

Thanks for reviving that little beauty @littlespark - had me giggling at every post.

I'm new. I've been reading some of the older posts. I didn't think anyone came up with a decent solution here. for all we know, OP is still feeling around in the dark for a light switch.
My first thought was actually a candle.
When I was an apprentice, early 90's... the tradesman used a 1000W halogen floodlight in attics... We came out sweating...
But at least it kept the pies warm at breakfast time.

Reply to Suggestions for some cheap emergency lighting for a loft please? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net