Discuss Thank you all in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Well I got the news that I passed my AM2 second time round. So I guess I'm now qualified (if there is such a thing) And I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on here who's helped me out over the last four years. Even though some of my questions may have been daft and frustrating at times. This forum is a great asset for apprentices and qualified sparks alike.
Thanks guys.

Now who do I ring to get the letters after my name...

Well done lad :)

Well done mate!

I remember thinking i had failed my AM2 and crapping it because i couldn't stand the thought of going back to the test center! The instructor was a right old piece of work! Mr Porter i believe. I was speaking to a guy who was one of the last norweb apprentices and telling him about it and it turns out Mr Porter taught him when he was an apprentice and he was old back then lol.

I forgot to put an earth between the armored banjo and earth terminal in the CU i think. I remembered waking up in the early hours of the morning in a cold sweat when it just dawned on me that i had forgotten it. The next day was my testing so as soon as i got their i explained to him (thinking its best to acknowledge and a mistake rather than pretend everything is rosy). The guy made me feel ten times worse haha. Anyway i passed and it was a massive relief!

I think they changed it the year after i did mine, what was included on yours?

Also, bit off topic, was there ever an AM1? And if so why isn't the new AM2 the AM3?

Well done mate!

Thanks all for the wishes. It's a nice feeling to have finally Completed.

I think they changed it the year after i did mine, what was included on yours?

Also, bit off topic, was there ever an AM1? And if so why isn't the new AM2 the AM3?

Well done mate!

The New AM2 IMO is alot easier (even though I failed 1st time :90:) Basically theres a ring circuit in singles, 2 way and Intermediate lighting in T&E, A CO2 detector in FP, a DOL Motor (all the internals of the starter are pre wired) in SY cable, a 3 phase socket in SWA and an S plan heating system. It's alot easier (although I do enjoy 20mm conduit and Pyro so I was a bit gutted when I found out they'd removed it.)

In our 2nd year of college we did a install practical wich some called the AM1 so that may be it.

Thanks again guys

Reply to Thank you all in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net