Discuss The Evil Within.. anyone playing it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Same guy who did resident evil did this one, plus PS4 next gen graphics to boot .... its gory as hell lol :ack2:
ps4 graphics are not that next gen, sorry but im used to high end pc graphics.

hmm im guessing not everyones tastes

evilwithin.jpg

Last edited:
ps4 graphics are not that next gen, sorry but im used to high end pc graphics.

I meant console graphics btw ... yes a PC is as good as your wallet allows although even when a pc has a separate graphics card it duty is shared with other tasks where consoles don't need to, so unless you spend on a high end graphics card to go with with your high-end chip set then there's not much in it at the moment and IMHO paying £1000 on top of the price of a console to achieve and extra 30fps is very geeky... I should know I used to build my own top end stacks. :biggrin:

I meant console graphics btw ... yes a PC is as good as your wallet allows although even when a pc has a separate graphics card it duty is shared with other tasks where consoles don't need to, so unless you spend on a high end graphics card to go with with your high-end chip set then there's not much in it at the moment and IMHO paying £1000 on top of the price of a console to achieve and extra 30fps is very geeky... I should know I used to build my own top end stacks. :biggrin:
to be honest under £800 at most to get better than a ps4 now.

mine probably cost 600ish over 4 years total

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD2e1_u7f1Q

Your probably right for the time of posting, I was on about launch of it a year ago it matched and bettered most off shelf stacks but was only beaten by the £1000 + range .....as is with computers the market grows fast and whats new then is old hat now and considered mid range... Although that footage isn't far off what Im playing, it would take a trained eye to really spot the difference... so again I would say a waste for the money unless you were a dedicated pc graphics nerd...

The problem with PC's is its very easy to get caught in the trap of maxing out for the best of the best at a very wallet hitting cost just to find 2 yrs later your investment is worth a 25% of it original cost where as a PS4 should hold 75% value in 2 yrs if not more.... I know which is the better choice for me hence I stopped building PC's.

Your probably right for the time of posting, I was on about launch of it a year ago it matched and bettered most off shelf stacks but was only beaten by the £1000 + range .....as is with computers the market grows fast and whats new then is old hat now and considered mid range... Although that footage isn't far off what Im playing, it would take a trained eye to really spot the difference... so again I would say a waste for the money unless you were a dedicated pc graphics nerd...

The problem with PC's is its very easy to get caught in the trap of maxing out for the best of the best at a very wallet hitting cost just to find 2 yrs later your investment is worth a 25% of it original cost where as a PS4 should hold 75% value in 2 yrs if not more.... I know which is the better choice for me hence I stopped building PC's.
true i grabbed a 7950 windforce card cheap a couple years ago which is a few generations ahead of the ps4 that is based on 5xxx series i believe anyway.

the custom cpu is based on amd technology that has lagged far behind intel for the last 5 generations (only recently have they started to catch up)

console is definatly the way to go for most people, i will play on a pc because i prefer a mouse and keyboard and wont refresh that often.

its like you say dw if you know what your doing and stay a generation behind its not too expensive for similar performence

I brought it release day.
Ime ashamed to say i have not played it yet been busy on destiny.

But once the nights draw in and ime working lates...

Well it will be like old times with the lights off and the suround sound up!

Cant wait!!

Its starts off a bit crappy to operate and get the jist for the first few chapters but its just getting you used to it and my advice is don't be trigger happy or you will struggle like hell - reserve any ammo until its a must.

Reply to The Evil Within.. anyone playing it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net