Discuss The reason I go to work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

keep slogging mate one day they will hopefully thank you and appreciate all of the dads efforts and strife
I have 2 of them from yours to teenagers at 16 and 18 and dont I know it
think i get a gey hair a day for them lol
but i wouldnt change it for the world as I have already gave them that over and over again lol
Looks as if malcolm , crags and sparky3366 knows what I mean
thats what Dads are for lol to keep there daughters and mrs happy and by giving them the earth just to get a easier life

Image0680.jpgImage0620.jpg Gets her looks off her mother :)

I made the decision to calm the work down to Monday-Friday only 4 years ago

It doesn't always work, but it has improved family life alot- so much so the kids sometimes ask if i'm going to work then I read the riot act and remove the playstation when the rooms messy etc

My daughter (now 8) became a bit distant when she was 2-3 and I realised I was spending 10-12 hours per day out of the house.
Now I don't start until 8.30 - like to see them off to school- I make less money, but it's well worth it

My oldest (boy 15) has the usual plonker friends, and has just been dumped on his birthday by his girlfriend (doesn't know why). Glad to see he's well rounded and well liked - must come from the wifes side of the family

His sister (8) has been told she's not allowed to talk to boys when she reaches secondary school as its in the rules :D

Last edited:
His sister (8) has been told she's not allowed to talk to boys when she reaches secondary school as its in the rules :D
Mine (just 2) has been told no boys until she is 40 and then I want a full background check done!!:clap: Apparently the better half thinks I might change my mind when she is older:crazy:

Mine (just 2) has been told no boys until she is 40 and then I want a full background check done!!:clap: Apparently the better half thinks I might change my mind when she is older:crazy:

you must have went to the same dad training school as me..:crazy:

did you pass the 'your not going out like that' exam it was tough.:angry_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not done the last one yet but have got the 'Dorset mafia' godfather who has a licence for most types of gun including a 9 foot punt gun!! :59:

Reply to The reason I go to work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net