Discuss Think I upset a 1st time home owner .... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Correct.

I'm sure most on here have seen the posts on the local 'gossip' pages on Facebook. Normally goes something like:

Need an electrician to sort out an urgent problem I created whilst trying to save a few pennies whilst attempting to do something dangerous I have no grasp of. Must be able to start in 5 minutes and be very cheap! (Ok I may have changed that slightly)

Then watch the local bottom feeders spring in action! Or more likely their WAGS. I keep well well clear!

Here I go again...
Never buy a New Build unless there is no other option open to you!
There are a few exceptions, as some of the new flats, built with concrete floors, can be ok structurally...but electrically they are just as bad as the worst semi-detached or detached...and those 3 or 4 storey flats with a timber frame? Plague! Avoid!

Sounds like you're familiar with the properties at Glasgow Harbour too. :D

Still, there are compensations for living/working in Glasgow Harbour...
1. You don't need a big drill, as the walls are made of rice paper.
2.All the bathrooms are internal, and the extractor fans vent directly into the service ducts...so very easy to replace...or just wire them up!
3. The window cleaning costs are astronomical, so undercut the current guys!
4. There are lots of attractive ladies from the East hanging around and eager to assist you with your frustrations..and empty your wallet.
5. You can get fantastic pictures of a minesweeper.
6. Never a problem parking! Just leave it anywhere...chances are 50 - 50 it'll still be there when you get back....wheels, though? Dunno...

Reply to Think I upset a 1st time home owner .... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Thanks for all the helpful advice in this forum. We've recently bought our first house - yay! With that being said, our building survey...
Replies
Views
This might be long so feel free to grab a brew. So, as some of you may know, i'm a 34 year old who has been dying to get into the industry. I...
Replies
Views
Good evening. Any advice what to do in this situaltion would be very much appreciated. I was called by a landloard who lives in Denver . She...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I’m not sure this post is really relevant here, but I’m looking for some advice about some electrical work that was undertaken at my home...
Replies
Views
Electrical installation work, as all self-employed electricians will know, is a highly-competitive business. My own business operates mainly in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock