Discuss Today's board change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I like the Hager boards, easy to work in. If using RCBO's they can be made to look very smart inside, unlike Wylex (If I recall) or Crabtree which have the flying neutral and field earth coming out the top and it looks a right mess :6:

I'm intrigued with the circuit details sticker, where did you get them from, or did you print them yourself? I have always used Hager ever since I can remember unless something else is specced. Always have been very nice boards in my opinion.

Those circuit detail stickers are carp, the almost always fall off. And then they are hand written so often hard to read, plus there is not enough space to be detailed!
Just print a decent circuit list, laminate it and fix it to, or near to, the CU.
For a simple domestic installation you don't really need a the extra details, just the specifics of what each circuit does.

Those circuit detail stickers are carp, the almost always fall off. And then they are hand written so often hard to read, plus there is not enough space to be detailed!
Just print a decent circuit list, laminate it and fix it to, or near to, the CU.
For a simple domestic installation you don't really need a the extra details, just the specifics of what each circuit does.

I usually do a nice sheet in excel, pop it in a pouch and stick the pouch to the distribution board in any situation other than domestic. It always seemed a bit much for domestic though.

I used to laminate them until I realised what a pain in the --- it was to add a circuit onto it later on :S

this is carp:

download (4).jpg

I'm intrigued with the circuit details sticker, where did you get them from, or did you print them yourself? I have always used Hager ever since I can remember unless something else is specced. Always have been very nice boards in my opinion.

See post 6 for info on this. I've seen quite a few hager boards where the stickers have all curled up and fallen off, I'm going to create a grid template on my label printer so that've can just bung them all in and off it prints.

I use 12mm clear on black super strength adhesive labels not the standard strength.

Ah yes, I do have a Brother label printer to mark up MCB's. I did mean the circuit detail list on the flap down lid (unless your label printer can do those too, mine definitely cannot).

Now just stop it please will you, I can move with the times you know.

I love the look of well done lacing, it looks class!

@uksparks

Why the board change in the first place, if I may be so bold?
It looks a bit scabby and no door, but it's out of reach (of little people).

Decent job though :)

Half of it wasn't covered by an RCD, there was a heat wise economy 10 supply in the left feeding one of the immersion elements which has now been converted to the whole installation as E7.

the customer just wanted a new unit as it's about to be let out and he wanted it all to be nice and safe.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, it's nice to know others think it's ok.

middle picture out of 6. hmm. like the irishman pointed to a row ot 6 cottages. that's mine, the 1 in the middle!

Reply to Today's board change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net