Discuss Turning on light trips at fuse box...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What's to be expected if someone gets a builder to sort their electrics out?
No advice should be given, serves 'em right.
I agree entirely IPF. It just amazes me that this blokes customer has even asked him. The thing that cheeses me off is the fact that this bloke obviously hasn't got a clue what he is about and it could actually end up being dangerous, but they don't seem to care? They just come on here expecting people to bale them out of the hole they have just dug.......

On the face of it, it seems a simple task...I can see why someone could think "yeh no problem" but the most common place(s) where people come unstuck is light switches and ceiling roses. There are always more wires than they expect.

On the face of it, it seems a simple task...I can see why someone could think "yeh no problem" but the most common place(s) where people come unstuck is light switches and ceiling roses. There are always more wires than they expect.
You would think though that this day and age people would use the smart phone to take pictures as they go. to help then put it back together, but no, they just jump straight in

No, though not a spark to trade I've done jobs like a lot, I would like to know myself as it's confused me as to why 2 lights worked and 2 didn't.
Thought posting here would reveal an easy answer, obviously not!
James, not being funny mate, but the easy answer is that you obviously have neither the experience, training or kit to undertake this kind of work. How would you feel if you unwittingly left something in a dangerous condition? Just stick to what you know and let others do what they know eh?

Reply to Turning on light trips at fuse box...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net