Discuss Tv socket height new build in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
1200mm is the max socket outlet height in new build property so what's the score with putting a socket at a height where a wall mounted tv will be situated obviously required to be higher than 1200mm. Is this now not allowed for new build properties?

I believe wall mounted tv’s should be located at eye level. Is the tv going in the kitchen :) Positioning a socket behind a tv, will make extremely hard to access, dependant on the mount. Just my thoughts.

I recall those measurements given in Part P are guidance? For a particular outlet, I think you might argue differently.

IMO the sockets heights are a recommendation and should be folllowed whenever possible. If a socket needs to be fitted at a different height for an specific item (like a tv mounted on a wall) then I see no reason why not to fit the socket for this at a height which it suitable for the item. Just use logic.

i always fit behind TV, but close to a lower corner, where there is a bit of clearance.

Fit near the bottom but upside down, so the cable goes up and is easier to hide, and the switch is right at the bottom for easy access.

Switch would appear to be off when it's on though. Just saying.

Reply to Tv socket height new build in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Hoping someone can clarify for me. I've recently moved into a rental property, the landlord had new electric radiators installed and a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Since the deco needs doing to this property. My sister needs the TV putting on thr wall but wants the cables hiding. What will be the best way...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock