Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss two chimes on one doorbell pushbutton in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sl1210

sl1210 Guest

hi,

a customer wants to replace his wireless doorbell with a wired system. now the thing is, he wants a chime in the house and a chime in his garage on the same button.

what is the best possible way to do this??? would i need a bigger transformer to power both chimes???

cheers

2. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

Possibly, depends on a number of factors including tranny ampage and voltage output, chime's elec specs, volt drop may be an issue if a very long run.

I recently added another chime to an existing bell, easiest way for me was to piggy-back off the terminals of the primary chime. When testing it initially to see if it worked ok, the chimes were a bit weak. However, when installed and the cable run was half the length as before the-chimes-were-a-chiming.

I know th new chime was rated at 8V 1A. But am not 100% certain on tranny or original chimes.

3. sl1210

sl1210 Guest

so i can just come off 1 chime to the 2nd. or should i just run 1 cable from push bell to chime 1 and 1 cable from push bell to chime 2??

4. thomas-1981

thomas-1981 Guest

Why does he want to have a wired chime? Not buy a wireless kit with two chimes and set them to the same frequency?