Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Two FCU's on single RCBO? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

action jackson

Hi all,

I have popped over from the tiling forum and would appreciate some guidance for installing UFH and a whirlpool bath in my bathroom.

I currently have an unused 16A RCBO in my CU and would like to supply both loads via switched FCU's. Is this acceptable?

If yes should a ring of radial circuit be wired? Both FCU’s will be situated next to each over so for simplicity I would like to have a single run 2.5mm T&E wired from the RCBO to the FCU and daisy chain to the second FCU. Is this an acceptable practice?

Cable runs are short (1m to FCU’s, 6m to Bath, 3m to UFH) and will be run in surface mount plastic conduit.

UFH @ 5 amp
Whirlpool bath @ 4 amp

The UFH is controlled by an electronic programmer. I plan to have installed a switched double pole FCU for the whirlpool and UFH.

Just to point out I’m aware of Part P and have an electrician coming round in the week to price but I like to review my options beforehand.

Cheers

Nothing wrong in the 16A RCBO supplying both of these FCU's, it's just a normal Radial circuit your asking for. Let your electrician decide on the installation method to conform to Part Pee and special location requirements...

Your electrician should be able to sort that out no problems.

Unless there are any un-foreseen problems he should be able to put both appliances on the single RCBO. Of course he will have to take into consideration the manufactures instructions regarding the install, the UFH may need to go on a dedicated circuit.

Of course your electrician will have to install the switched FCU outside of the zones, as you can not have switched accessories inside them, but he will know all this I hope

Reply to Two FCU's on single RCBO? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net