Discuss Under Cupboard Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

All,

Looking for suggestions - recently I saw some under cupboard lights which were fitted with cables that plugged into both the transformer AND the light, meaning that the connector cable could be put in with the wall cupboards then the rest done later.

Can anybody "name" them?

Thanks

Think eterna do them Murdoch but don't know the name

I did a job with some before, supplied by the customer from argos or b&q, they may even have been decking lights fitted into the kickboards, hope that helps!

Found them - Sensio

An extract from the Sensio site:

Currently Sensio are the only company in the industry to offer this solution.
With the cable connect system there is no need for a fitter should you need to replace an LED fitting as the cable does not need to be pulled through or re-routed from behind the cabinet.
The LED lamps in these fittings can therefore be replaced by anyone. This system is available with our HD LED under cabinet spot light range of fittings. Each fitting has 2.5m of cable, the lamp then has a 35mm cable
(as shown in the main image on this page) which simply clicks in/out. This system will ultimately save you time and money should you wish to
change an LED fitting

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see what the issue is here. For a man of your calibre, making a joint in a cable with two ELV cores should be a piece of pi$$. :smiley2:

I've been using these recently, but with a different make of 24V DC PSU, as the 36W one offered with these has an outrageous start up surge:
LED Under Cupboard Fittings

May be my description was lacking but I was after the type of light where the cable from the transformer to the lamp, is separate so it can be put in behind a cupboard when the kitchen is being fitted .......

Reply to Under Cupboard Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net