Discuss Under Floor Heating thermostat - Inside or Outside the Bathroom? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

You are welcome. Even if it is , and it is likely to be; I still prefer them on the outside . The last one I fit the cover just clipped on, and did not inspire me with confidence.

I concur. Although the thermostat and SFCU may, on paper, be suitable for use in a bathroom, the possibility of extended periods of high humidity mean that, if possible, I would site any electrical equipment outside the room, if only to prolong the life of the equipment.

Siting a thermostat other than in the place it is supposed to control the heating of, is pointless.
It would be like siting a dawn to dusk sensor in the USA to control street lights in the UK.

Unless you can tell us exactly which make and model number of thermostat it is then we are all peeing in the wind as far as advice goes.
I have fitted them both inside and out of bathrooms and suchlike, it all depends on the individual controller and its suitability for the location.

Some are just an air temperature sensor which connect back to a central control unit, some are stand alone battery powered units, some are mains powered, some are wireless, some are hard wired. Some are flipping dangerous wherever you install them.
It is really an open question at the moment.

Unless you can tell us exactly which make and model number of thermostat it is then we are all peeing in the wind as far as advice goes.
I have fitted them both inside and out of bathrooms and suchlike, it all depends on the individual controller and its suitability for the location.

Some are just an air temperature sensor which connect back to a central control unit, some are stand alone battery powered units, some are mains powered, some are wireless, some are hard wired. Some are flipping dangerous wherever you install them.

hit, nail and head spring to mind.

He hasn't answered the questions about the specifics of the bathroom/water / zones so we continue to guess

The thermostat in question is a [h=4]Heatmiser Slimline-E[/h]
https://www.heatmiser.com/en/slimline-thermostat-series-2/

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Under Floor Heating thermostat - Inside or Outside the Bathroom? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net