Discuss Urgent, advice needed about reading the FRAM on an Ampy 5235A meter. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuzyQ

-
Reaction score
Hi,
Please can anyone advise me as to who would be able to read the internal memory via the IEC 1107 port of an Ampy 5235A meter. I had one installed as a check meter years ago which was left in place & I believe it holds the data I need to claim back from my supplier all unused exported energy generated by my solar PV that has been charged for as imported energy since 2012. My supplier is refusing to retrieve or use the data which is recorded within the memory as 'reverse Energy detected' as it was fitted by British Gas, therefore it isn't their meter. They have advised me to let them remove the meter and install their own check meter in order to estimate whats owed, if anything. I have contacted BG but they no longer have any records, I have also asked OFGEM but no reply. Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks guys

Attachments

• L-and-G-5235-User-ManualBrochure-info Check Meter hand book.pdf
    456.4 KB · Views: 10
Having had a very quick read, if the meter is displaying the reverse energy detected message, I'm not sure it will have any information about your exported energy because this message is designed as an anti-fraud mechanism which detects reverse current, which is obviously what happens when you're exporting. I must stress, this is a very quick read.

That issue aside, IEC1107 is a combined hardware and communications standard that defines the hardware interface and the communications protocol required to communicate with the meter. You can buy IEC1107 interfaces on-line, after that you would need to find some suitable software.

These sites may be useful:-

Home | OpenEnergyMonitor - https://openenergymonitor.org/
REDZ – Optical Probes For Meters - http://www.probeformeters.com/en/

Reply to Urgent, advice needed about reading the FRAM on an Ampy 5235A meter. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net