Discuss Wagos vs Crimps vs junction boxes? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

so so pete. done half a day subbing today. mrs. tel got back from grand canaria last night. pups doing great. we're keeping the white one. they are rare. just chilling with a couple of beers while she watches all the recorded emmeroids soaps she missed for a week, YUK.
My Mrs watches emmeriods on catch up TV along with Mid summer murders, Catherine Cookson all that sort of carp, does my head in.

Wait till you're treated to a few episodes of True Movies. All the crap of emmerrroids but done by septics. heard of "B" films? well these are the Z's.

I've been using them for about 4 years now, both the lever and push types. Honestly one of the best inventions. Crimps are good too, but I prefer wagos in nearly all circumstances now. I was skeptical at first, but I'm converted to the church of wago!

Clear case so you can actually see the conductor is in the terminal (who can honestly say that they know 100% that their crimp terminal is on the conductor and the crimp doesn't have a manufacturers defect under the insulation without testing)

No fiddling about with screws that can de thread, or heads shear off.

Easy to modify circuits.

Easy to junction up to 5 (lever type) to 8 cores (push type) in 1 unit, try doing that with crimps or jb that easily.

Have you even tried to pull cores out of one? I have, it's impossible without intentionally doing it. Same as a crimp, but if you really need to you can separate wagos without cutting cores shorter like with a crimp.

TL;DR they have all the advantages of crimps and jbs but faster to install. The only disadvantages are cost (but time is money!), and slightly larger form factor than a crimp.

Now I can sit back and wait for my commission from wago... I wish!

Reply to Wagos vs Crimps vs junction boxes? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net