Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Wanting to become self employed electrician in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Nebu

Nebu New EF Member

Hello all,

I’m 25 and thinking of a career change. Currently work for a car company but it’s soul destroying to say the least. I was in college about 7 years ago studying for my 2330 level 2 but it was midst recession and no one was taking on so so couldn’t complete the level 3. The offer of my current job came in around the same time so I took that and now I’m wanting to train to be a self employed spark. I’ve got some funds behind me now which can set me up.

I’ve got some background and always had an interest in the trade since college but I’ll be starting a fresh.

Was just wondering what the correct qualifications are which would allow me to go self employed.

Thanks in advance

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    The propers ones are C+G 2365, the NVQ3 and AM2 and then top off with 2382 (18th Edition) and then depends what you want to do. If domestic, minimum is 2392 (basic initial verification/testing), 2393 (building regs) if you want to join a scheme I believe. 2391 (testing) is handy to have.

I would have a chat with a local college to see if your 2330 will allow you to move onto the level 3. You could do that at college at nights.

And welcome to the forums :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Welcome Mate and good luck

4. Powellm

Powellm Active EF Member

I spoke with the niceic only last week. All they want is 2392 and 2382. They will then allow you to book for an assessment. Seems weird that by doing a 5 day course in testing and you can sign off your own work. Especially when there is so many different variables involved in circuit design. But I suppose you tube is the new education front.